Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/28/2003 1:08:07 PM EDT
Why was the collapsable stock designed the way it was? The AR seems to be the only carbine with a telescoping stock that doesnt collapse all the way, or the only one without some sort of folding stock (side/under folder).

So, question is, anyone know why? There a good reason for it?
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 1:21:20 PM EDT
Buffer tube!
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 2:53:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/28/2003 3:12:18 PM EDT by cluster]
there actually is a side folder for the AR platform < damn I cant think of the name right now! > but it is coslty. the side folder for the AR removes the need for a buffer tube and replaces it with a diffrent system the rides on top on the bolt < i think> I prefer the short stock over the under and/ or folder .. why.. ? just easier to actaully aim while runing from one station to the next. edited to add: here ya go.. ZM-weapons [url]www.zmweapons.com[/url] [img]www.zmweapons.com/images/Pb_triksm.jpg[/img] here is the kit.... [url]http://www.zmweapons.com/Lg_images/Preb16k.jpg[/url] [img]www.zmweapons.com/Lg_images/Leftside.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 3:53:23 PM EDT
thanks for the info Cluster, kind of odd looking but definately a neat twist. I strongly stand by the regular carbine stock for the reasons you posted though. innocent_bystander - some of the AR pistols have no buffer tube
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 3:56:17 PM EDT
Oh... if only Z-M would release there stuff as a line of regular AR compatable accessories! I've always thought those handguards were just plain badass looking.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 6:00:53 AM EDT
Originally Posted By tivoli410: some of the AR pistols have no buffer tube
View Quote
And they don't have the AR gas system either. The gas system as Stoner designed it requires a buffer tube. Look at a Daewoo AR100 to see what you get when you cross an AR with an AK.
Top Top