Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/27/2003 9:51:22 PM EDT
Does anybody know of a manufacturer that makes a Picatinney rail designed to match the shape of the Bushy V-Match forend? I'd like to mount a vertical foregrip(that forend gets HOT) and a full length top rail as well as possibly down the line a short ~2" or less rail for a light at 3 o'clock. If possible, I'd prefer short rails for all three to avoid having to put rail covers on them and get the "fat" feel of the four way forends, also it would look less "gimmicky".
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 4:11:23 AM EDT
PRI makes a carbon fiber free float tube that is set up exactly like you describe. I would suggest getting it instead of creating your own. They have a top quality product and being made of carbon fiber will help with how hot you notice the aluminum one gets. It will also take a lot of weight off the gun. It uses short rails all the way around and they are machined to fit their handgaurd and are attached VERY securely.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 4:16:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/28/2003 5:28:45 AM EDT by HarryD]
Sargtanzer, Brownells sells rail adapters by Falcon Industries that will attach to AR-15 handguards. They have 2", 4" and 6" long pieces to fit the standard handguard diameter. Their 4" long piece has an adapter to re-contour to the 2" diameter of aftermarket free-float tubes. I believe that the 4" & 6" pieces come with rail covers. Here is the link: http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=8773 I checked out thr PRI carbon fiber tube that new-arguy reccomended at MSTN. It looks very nice and well built, but it sells for $350.00 if that is an issue. Harry
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 10:12:05 AM EDT
Thanks for the replies, guys. Where can I find more info on PRI?
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 11:56:02 AM EDT
PRI accesoroes can be found at MSTN for one source. I'm sure there are other dealers as well, but the link to MSTN is: http://mstn.biz/
Top Top