Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/25/2003 8:31:08 PM EDT
Well, I know  this will be a very brief impression, but thought I'd relay it anyway.  Received the little RRA Tactical Entry carbine M4gery with the stubby stock.  I had heard some quite glowing reports of the fit and finish on this gun from others.  I have 2 other Bushy's, and had heard that the RRA was much better.  Well, while good, it was on par with Bushmaster rifles.  I guess I'm not knocking it, as I always thought the Bushy's were top notch.  The RRA is right up there.

Impression #2, MAN THIS THING IS SMALL!!  This is my first M4 variant, and with the stubby stock it is tiny.  I don't see much reason for the collapsable stock personally (although they do look really cool ht
One area that I think the RRA definitely has the Bushy is the trigger.  That RRA trigger really ROCKS headbang.gif

Now I am going to have to try that "do it yourself trigger job" on the Bushy's.

Anyway, if you don't have one already, you GOTTA get one of the M4gery's.  They are a blast to shoot!!

FWIW
DOc
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 8:41:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I like my collapsable stock M4gery for back packing.[:D]
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 8:57:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, but does [b]yours[/b] have a SS barrel, like [b]mine[/b]?...

[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/054028.jpg[/img]

The trigger is the key to this gun. It's slicker than whale sh!t in an ice flow. The fit and finish is 10 times the quality of the Colt I used to own, and it's twice as nice as the two Bushys I had. I love this thing. It keeps everything on a 2" paster @ 100 yards, and that's with the SA battle-pack stuff. I can't sing enough praises about it. And Doc's right, it's [b]SHORT[/b]. It's just a slick, handy little package.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 10:14:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Awe, man, that SS barrel is too cool!!  I really like that.

I almost forgot to mention in the first post, I really like the pistol grip on the RRA also.  Don't have a specific reason, just feels good.

Doc
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 4:14:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Impression #2, MAN THIS THING IS SMALL!!  This is my first M4 variant, and with the stubby stock it is tiny.  I don't see much reason for the collapsible stock personally (although they do look really cool [:D]
View Quote

I just picked up a pre-ban lower with a brand-new RRA collapsible stock and I'm glad I got it instead of a stubby stock. I can see situations where the short stock would come in handy but I can also see situations where a longer stock would be nice too. A collapsible stock is the best of both worlds in one lower plus you can change it on the fly.

One area that I think the RRA definitely has the Bushy is the trigger.  That RRA trigger really ROCKS [headbang]

FWIW
DOc
View Quote

The lower I picked up has a RRA trigger and I agree, it's a great combat trigger. I have a Jewell trigger on my other lower and, while it's a very nice trigger, I won't be replacing the RRA trigger with another Jewell. I just don't see the need.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 4:23:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Awe, man, that SS barrel is too cool!!  I really like that.

I almost forgot to mention in the first post, I really like the pistol grip on the RRA also.  Don't have a specific reason, just feels good.

Doc
View Quote

i don't know man,

that SS barrel looks like a Chrome bumper on a humvee.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 4:35:01 AM EDT
[#6]
i love mine and the trigger is smooth. the only thing i changed was the stock, i put an a2 on it  because the tac stock was too short for me.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 6:03:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Everyone that has posted to this thread or anyone else who has an RRA lower...  The "sweet" trigger you all talk about, is it the NM trigger or the regular trigger?  I'm looking at buying an RRA lower and am trying to decide wether to drop the extra money for the NM trigger.  Thanks...
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 7:54:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I keep a Comp trigger (Jewel) on my Comp rifles and more (standard) trigger on my work rifles. On my work rifles I want no adjustments on the FCG .The standard military pull is about right for me.WD
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 3:06:24 PM EDT
[#9]
JT,

I didn't pay any extra for a special trigger, so mine must be the standard fare.

Doc
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 3:36:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
JT,

I didn't pay any extra for a special trigger, so mine must be the standard fare.

Doc
View Quote

Negative. The NM triggers come standard in the Entry Carbines.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 4:03:57 PM EDT
[#11]
robar, you are too cool!

Now, I've got to do number 7 AR with a SS barrel.

What twist does yours have?

MM419
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 6:19:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
JT,

Doc
View Quote

Negative. The NM triggers come standard in the Entry Carbines.
View Quote

NM triggers (two stage) come in all factory Rock River Arms rifles.
Robert
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 6:49:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Robert
View Quote

True, but they do sell a standard trigger for $100 cheaper when you buy just a lower. I do love mine on the A4 20" for sure. Must buy M4gery next. Hmmmmm. EOTech. Maybe an ACOG. More ammo too. Can't forget magazines.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yeah, but does [b]yours[/b] have a SS barrel, like [b]mine[/b]?...

[url]http://www.hunt101.com/img/054028.jpg[/url]

The trigger is the key to this gun. It's slicker than whale sh!t in an ice flow. The fit and finish is 10 times the quality of the Colt I used to own, and it's twice as nice as the two Bushys I had. I love this thing. It keeps everything on a 2" paster @ 100 yards, and that's with the SA battle-pack stuff. I can't sing enough praises about it. And Doc's right, it's [b]SHORT[/b]. It's just a slick, handy little package.
View Quote

SWEET!
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 7:59:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Robert
View Quote

True, but they do sell a standard trigger for $100 cheaper when you buy just a lower. I do love mine on the A4 20" for sure. Must buy M4gery next. Hmmmmm. EOTech. Maybe an ACOG. More ammo too. Can't forget magazines.
View Quote

RGR that.  The trigger is sweet on my DCM RRA.  I wish my 10/22T had that trigger.  I would shoot it a whole lot better.

Geoff
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top