Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/23/2003 4:33:40 PM EDT
I traded a S&W629 and a S&W19Combat for a newie RockRiver 16" A4 tactical CAR-15. I am happy with the trade though I miss the model 19 a bit.
The RR is sweet. But I can't find any info about the model I got. No help at the RR website.
In the upper there are two slots under the picatiny rail that have a knob between them. The knob has a spring in it and an 'o' ring. Is this something a simple as a battery storage compartment? If not, What the heck is it for?
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 5:07:03 PM EDT
[#1]
please forgive my ignorance. how do you post a picture?
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 5:11:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Hi, This sounds like a UTE Rock River (I am assuming it has the rear sight and this is not a carry handle) and yes the compartment is for an Aimpoint battery

The barrel is a Wilson 1:9 twist, the uppers and lowers are forged, the trigger should be a factory two stage, if there is anything specific I can answer let me know.

Robert

www.rbprecision.com
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 5:12:04 PM EDT
[#3]
PS I like the flyswatter tag line!
Robert
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 5:15:34 PM EDT
[#4]
You are right. It has the std AR rear sight config and a 4" M1913 rail.

I have ordered a TA01NSN... but have a 10 week wait.

I figured that was what it was, but I had to ask.

thks
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 5:46:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I have two TA01nsn's in stock, why the 10 week wait? fyi mine are  $800.00

Robert

www.rbprecision.com
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 5:51:29 PM EDT
[#6]
tugboat...

That little compartment [b]is[/b] for a spare battery.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 8:06:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
please forgive my ignorance. how do you post a picture?
View Quote

1. First you need to sign up for a free picture hosting site. I use [url]www.imagestation.com[/url].
2. After creating an album, upload any pictures that you want to store on the host site.
3. When you have the photo(s) in the album, click on the thumbnil photo to enlarge it to full size.
4. “Right” click on the photo and scroll down to “Properties” and “Left” click.
5. Find the address in the box that appears.
6. “Left” click behind the address and continue to hold the button down.
7. Move the cursor to the left until the entire address is highlighted and release the button.
8. “Right” click and scroll down to “Copy” and “Left” click.
9. Go to your post or reply on AR15.COM and “Right” click in the text box.
10. Scroll down to “Paste” and “Left” click.
11. Add {img} in front of the address that you have pasted and {/img} after it, only substitute the bracket [ for {.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 4:54:14 AM EDT
[#8]
thanks!
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 5:10:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I ordered it before I discovered how great AR15.com is for finding out this kind of information. I decided to cancel my direct order from Trijicon. I may have given you my business, but I have already re-ordered from SWFA. BTW, I decided to change from the NSN to a 31F.

I like the RB Precision site!
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 10:44:22 AM EDT
[#10]
by the title of your this post I thought you meant a registered receiver (M-16).
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 2:41:04 PM EDT
[#11]
please pardon my ignorance sir.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 3:17:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I ordered it before I discovered how great AR15.com is for finding out this kind of information. I decided to cancel my direct order from Trijicon. I may have given you my business, but I have already re-ordered from SWFA. BTW, I decided to change from the NSN to a 31F.

I like the RB Precision site!
View Quote

I think you will be happy with the 31F we are having trouble getting ahold of these, the straight 31 doughnut is my favorite. SWFA will treat you right, let me know if we can help in the future.
Robert
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top