Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2003 8:35:19 PM EDT
I'm interested in applying for a SBR.

My question is if the forms I have to fill out are caliber or barrel length specific.

Once I register a lower as a SBR, can I put any caliber upper in any length on it? Do I just have to list the possible configurations on the form or are all configurations assumed from the beginning?
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 2:42:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/23/2003 2:46:26 AM EDT by Gecko]
M4: The form you need is the BATF Form 1. On that form you must list: Name & Location of Original Manufacture, Caliber, Model, Barrel Length, Overall Length (stock extended), Serial # among other things. Other things that must be sent along with the Form 1 are Finger Print Cards, Plus Pictures and Chief LEO signature on the Form 1 itself. In general modifications to the weapon after your Form 1 application has been approved are normally accomplished by sending a letter to the ATF. They will review the letter, approve or disapprove and send that back to you to keep along with your approved Form 1. The turn around time for a modification approval usually does not take nearly as long as the Form 1 approval which can run 4-6 months.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 3:35:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/23/2003 3:40:33 AM EDT by white32golf]
Go to www.titleII.com for the form 1 and certificate of citizenship ( fill out and print online). You will also need 2 fingerprint cards, blue applicant type with the correct ORI (where the FBI returns the cards to after exam/ classification). ORI should read: DCATF0100 ATF/FIREARMS & EXPLO DIV WASH, DC You will also need 2 passport type photos. Staple and tape 1 pic to each form 1 when you send it in. Both form 1's need to be ink signed by your CLEO signer. Fill in as many calibers as you think you will shoot on the lower. List the barrel lenght as short as you will go. Once approved, longer is ok but shorter than what was approved may cause problems. My last form 1 was 93 days mailbox to mailbox.
Top Top