Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/22/2003 7:14:02 PM EDT
Well, at least a pre-ban lower. I picked up a pre-ban Oly/SGW lower from D-M (aka Darrell) off of the EE. It arrived right on time just as described. It even came with a brand new RRA 6 pos. collapsible stock. Next on the list is a Bushmaster M-4 14.5" 1/7 upper, permanently attached Phantom FH, fixed front with bayonet lug!!! I knew as soon as I bought a second optic that would lead to a second rifle. After the M-4 upper I'm going to go for a 20" A3 upper. I'll end up with an M-4 upper with my EO Tech 552 and a 20" A3 upper with my TA-31. Dang, this stuff is addicting. I guess I'm just another case of BRF (Black Rifle Fever)!!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 7:58:25 PM EDT
Congrats!! Remember the pics once you got an AR built up.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 3:03:45 AM EDT
Thank tivoli410. I will get some pics up ASAP. My girl's gone for the weekend and she's got our digital camera with her. I'm just psyched to finally have a collapsible stock. I've got an HK-94 w/a collapsible stock so I've become accustomed to them. Being able to shorten the LOP so you can get into a proper CQB hold is important to me but I also want to be able to have a longer LOP for prone shooting. Plus, when colder temps arrive, I'll be wearing a heavy coat so I want to account for that too. I hope the AWB will sunset and no new ban will take its place. But, at this point, I'd rather not take the chance. Life's too short to not have a pre-ban [:)]
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 3:13:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/23/2003 3:14:53 AM EDT by Lumpy196]
Matt, my TA31 is going on a 20" A3 Govt upper as soon as I sell something to get the $. Damn ACOG tapped me out for now... Congrats on the pre-ban [beer]
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 4:38:05 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Lumpy196: Matt, my TA31 is going on a 20" A3 Govt upper as soon as I sell something to get the $. Damn ACOG tapped me out for now... Congrats on the pre-ban [beer]
View Quote
Well, I got the idea of putting the TA-31 on a 20" upper from you [:)] The combination of the two makes sense to me. My 20" upper is a ways down the road. I still have to get a KAC FF RAS so I can send it to Bushmaster for installation. BTW, I called them last week and verified they would do it.
Top Top