Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/21/2003 6:01:18 AM EDT
I too own two.  A brand new preban bushmaster lower with a rock river six position telescopic buttstock and a colt M4 16" flat-top upper.  Second one is a complete new in box preban colt 9mm AR15.  I was wondering why others have theirs.  I have a shooter, a colt AR15.  If my girlfriend ever got really interested, it would be hers.  For now, I have two safe queens.  Others please chim in.  Ralph
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 6:03:06 AM EDT
[#1]
all my guns are shooters.
each one scratches an itch.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 6:09:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I shoot most of my stuff, but I've got a couple safe queens.  For me the #1 reason is investment.  I've got multiples so one becomes a safe queen and one gets to be the shooter.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 7:45:54 AM EDT
[#3]
The only safe queen I own is a Colt Peacemaker made in 1876. Too fragile to shoot. Everything else....is all fun.

Edit: I think of it more as a safe King. [:D]
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 7:56:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't have any safe queers, I shot all my rifle some more then others but I shoot then all.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 7:59:57 AM EDT
[#5]
SMGLee I am glad you have no safe queers.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 8:22:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Have a HK91 sitting pretty in back, in an almost unfired condition, it is calling my name getting louder and louder as the days pass.

I cant hold out much longer, looks like this weekend I unleash the beast

Robert

www.rbprecision.com
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 9:25:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I never owned a gun that I haven't shot.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 9:28:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I shoot them all from time to time, but there are a few I don't shoot much, like my semi M-14 and my Colt M-4 Post Ban with all the goodies. They're ALMOST too pretty to shoot (c'mon, I did say "almost"). Lately it's been due to the season. Summers in Tennessee aren't very conducive to enjoyable shooting, unless 90-95 degrees with an equal percentage of humididty are comfortable to you! It's not that I don't shoot in the summer, just that the fall/winter/spring is when I bust the most caps.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 10:57:10 AM EDT
[#9]
No safe queens. If you don't shoot them, why bother having them. I shoot all my guns.

Link Posted: 8/21/2003 10:59:06 AM EDT
[#10]
The only safe queen I have is a steyr aug,ive shot it a little but my first fear is if something breaks from wear and tear I probably wont be able to get spare parts I have a pre and post bushy those get shot alot a dcm when it was still the dcm garand and a norinco M14,I only take the aug out evert once and a while its 13 years old and has abot 2000 rounds through it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 2:13:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, let's see here. I have a few unfired firearms sitting in my safe--Benelli M1014, HK USP 45 Tactical, and one of the new Savage muzzleloaders that shoots smokeless powder.

I just want everything to be perfect for their first times. [;)]
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 2:49:28 PM EDT
[#12]
No queens with me.. if I own it I shoot it.....I sold a Cylinder and Slide a while back because it was to damn purty to shoot so i let somebody else mess with it.....

I own I shoot
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 3:31:09 PM EDT
[#13]
All mine are rode hard and put up wet...with CLP.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 3:40:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Just one, a Manlicher-Styer model 1952, in 30-06, never been fired and most likely never will...both my AR-15 are shooters...
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 6:09:02 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a NIB Colt 6530 that I will never shoot.
I intend to give it to my (future) child.
If him/her does not want it, I will disown them and find one that does. [:)]
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 7:29:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dear [b]Dad[/b],

Happy Fathers Day. [b]I love you[/b](long time).

[i]Your[/i] [b]son[/b].

PS, When can I get my rifle?
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 7:47:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

What a trip.  I bought a new bushmaster shorty for my 1 year old.  I will let him shoot it when he is old enough and own it when he is responsible enough.  Until then it will remain unfired and a "safe queen"

I also have this MAK90 which I hope to "unqueen" ASAP...
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=93&t=175150&w=searchPop[/url]
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 3:02:33 PM EDT
[#18]
If I could have saved something it would have been my wife's virginity, for me ! GUNS, my motto is shoot the shit out of'm ! Queens are for England.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 3:38:08 PM EDT
[#19]
The only things residing in my safe that haven't been shot are the Charleton Heston replica autographed muzzleloader that I won at an FNRA auction, and 2 rifles that are projects in the works.  I bought the CH muzzleloader because I am a huge fan, but I don't have the stuff to shoot it.  The other 2 rifles will be shot as soon as they are put together the way I want.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 8:09:19 AM EDT
[#20]
I have a lot of safe queens, and make no apology for it.  Some are collection pieces, some are just guns that I don't shoot anymore.  I have my favorites that I tend to shoot more often or hunt with, the others are there for no other reason than I wanted them for the collection, as was said, they scratched a particular itch at the time.  Some have been shot very little, some not at all.  The way I feel about it, once one pays his money for an item, he can use it any way he wants.  So long as one gets enjoyment out of the possession, it doesn't matter in the least if he "uses" it or not.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top