Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/20/2003 8:12:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/21/2003 6:15:19 AM EDT by Phessor]
I purchased an A2 upper from a fellow member. I was told it was nearly new. Wrong, it was dang near wore out as far as I can tell. I need help identifying parts and if they are to far gone to use. Thank you

Bolt face is really pitted, what do you think?

Feed ramp is cut, what kind of bolt carrier is this? And the firing pin is realy worn on one side.

Charging handle is plastic on the end, who made these?

I was told it was a Bushmaster A2 upper, but on the bottom of the barrel it reads "DPMS CAL .223 1-9" Does this mean that it is chambered for .223 and not 5.56? Can someone identify this mark on the upper?

I could really use some help with my questions. Thank you, Phessor
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 9:01:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/20/2003 9:03:33 PM EDT by model927]
It dosent look by the upper to be a bushmaster,and there is a chance the way the chamber is marked thats it not 5.56,in any event change the bolt it looks badly pitted,I would contact the fellow you bought it from because it looks as if you were lied to.As far as T handles ive never seen one like that.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 9:15:37 PM EDT
Who in the hell make a piece of crap, plastic charging handle. I want to make sure that I never buy from that company.... ls
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 10:12:08 PM EDT
pretty shitty to screw over another member of the board. i'd demand your money back, immediately. if someone sent me that crap i'd be smoking hot mad. if someone needs to dump crap parts, that's what ebay is for. even if you call it crap someone will pay for it. don't bring that crap here!
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 10:14:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 1:16:49 AM EDT
I have a bolt that did that. It came from one of the bigger ar manufactuers. My guess was improper heat treatment might have caused it. It did this after only a couple of hundred rounds. It also has lines running all over the bolts outside surface that were not visable when it was new.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 5:45:29 AM EDT
I wonder if the charging handle is for a airsoft replica AR maybe?
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 6:05:17 AM EDT
Believe it or not but that bolt IS CLEAN!! Just a little to much pitting for my tastes. I have e-mailed the seller and the dealer that INSPECTED it for me with my disproval. Now I guess I just have to wait and see what happens. If they do nothing then I will post their names on this board and any others I can find. [8D]
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 6:48:20 AM EDT
From Bushmaster's site: [b]How can I be sure of buying a Bushmaster?[/b] We have seen this happen many times here. We get rifles all the time for warranty service that have our lower receiver, but every other part is a gun show special. Before purchasing, look things over carefully. You are about to lay down a sizeable chunk of money, so take a minute to be sure of what you are buying. Bushmaster's identifying marks are: 1. On the barrel, in front of the front sight, it will be stamped: "B MP 5.56 NATO 1/9 H BAR" (exactly that way). On some barrels, it may be under the handguard, but it will still say that exact thing. The only difference might be a 1/7 instead of a 1/9 . This denotes the rifling twist. [red]N/A as your barrel is DPMS[/red] 2. Our front sights are held on by two taper pins, one through each of the bands of the front sight. We do not use hollow roll pins, never have - never will. 3. Our handguards have aluminum heat shields in them. 4. Our barrels have the correct gray/green manganese phosphate finish, not black. 5. Our tele-stocks have a small roll pin holding the nut on under the sliding latch. If it's not pinned, it's not ours. 6. Our hammers and triggers have polished contact surfaces. 7. Our bolt carriers have the gas key staked on by 4 V-shaped stamps. [red]don't look like what ya got[/red] 8. We always use aluminum delta rings to retain the handguards. 9. Our buffers have a gold-colored finish on them, which is easy to see inside the stock. 10. Our aluminum parts all have the mil. spec hard anodized flat or matte finish to them, not shiny. This includes the receivers, the charging handle, and the delta ring. However, oil on the surface might make the normally flat or matte finish appear shiny. The best insurance is to always buy from a local dealer, someone you can go back to if you have any problems. Most of them are reputable, and will at least help you contact the factory for service problems. maybe this will be some help, Mike PS - FWIW, looks like a FA "well used" upper to me.
Top Top