Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/20/2003 12:55:42 PM EDT
I’m sure this has been discussed before, but due to search limitations, I couldn’t find anything. I’m getting ready to buy a service rifle for local high power matches and am leaning strongly toward the RRA NM A2. The best price I’ve seen for a complete gun was at Kentucky Arms for $925. I’ve noticed that if I buy the upper and lower separately, the cost is approx. $100 cheaper. Are there risks associated with going this route? Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 12:58:01 PM EDT
Nope. Should work fine. Enjoy shooting.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 1:39:02 PM EDT
Basically what you are doing (if I remember correctly) is avoiding paying part of or all of the Federal Exise Tax on a complete gun. In terms of risks, the only thing you may want to look at is warranty. [b]I don't know[/b] if they have the same warranty on parts/components that they do on complete rifles. That being said, I am building my AR our of mostly (maybe all) RRA components.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 1:50:45 PM EDT
I build mine with all RRA parts, i buy as I can afford them so I dont have to shell out the whole bit at once. I also get what I want I havent had any problems yet
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 7:26:59 PM EDT
Thanks for the advice. Buying the components will save me almost $100.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 9:41:35 PM EDT
Many of us are building/ assembling our own weapon because of this. I buy everything piece meal, then put it together as I get the time or next piece. Which reminds me, I am supposed to be working on one now for a buddy....
Top Top