Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/17/2003 2:47:25 PM EDT
Recieved a new in the wrapper CavArms C-1 stock from Treetop (excellent service as usual).
It came with a A1 length screw and a buttplate.
Here's the problem...
Using only the (top) screw, the buttplate isn't very secure.
It has a second (bottom) hole for what I  think is a sling swivel screw. I use a single point adapter so its not needed.
What do I need to secure the buttplate onto this stock when not using the sling swivel? I thought the stock came with buttplate/screw and everything needed, but apparently Cavarms wants thier customers to buy the sling assembly as a seperate item. thanks.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 3:34:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Ryan, Are you getting settled in down there? I', hoping to make the Va. shoot in Oct-we might let you back in the state!

Hey, if that didn't come with the sling loop and screw, I guess you could either get one or find out what size screw you need and a narrow nut to fit in there. If you get the sling loop, just take a hacksaw and cut it so it's flush with the stock. That's if you don't want the loop exposed.

Mark
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 4:10:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 4:49:23 PM EDT
[#3]
SinistralRifleman,
IM sent with shipping info. Thanks very much!

Mark,
All settled here in NC. The U-haul broke down three times on the way...what a nightmare.
Had to leave it on the side of the road (locked up) overnight with all my firearms (minus my carry gun) in it.
Needless to say, I didn't sleep very well that night.
My other A1 stocks are all M16 takeoffs and have the sling loop built into them so I was suprised when the C-1 stock didn't include it.
Sounds like SinistralRifleman is going to hook me up with one.
Its about 3.5 hrs for me to get back to VB. Depending on my work schedule, I may make it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 6:11:52 PM EDT
[#4]
The old trusty Uhaul trucks! Glad all is well. That shoot is west of Emporia, that may be closer to where you are now.

Mark
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top