Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/16/2003 11:58:28 PM EDT
Hey Guys...  I just came across this bushmaster rifle, but I'm needing a little help on getting some more info on it.  It looks like the ARM pistol, but it's not.  Anyone see this one before?  Anyone got any info/history on it??

WHAT IS THIS THING???!!!
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 12:05:28 AM EDT
[#1]
That would be the orignal Bushmaster Assault Rifle.  They made those before they got into the AR business.  I think it uses AR fire control parts and mags, but not anything else.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 5:55:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hey Guys...  I just came across this bushmaster rifle, but I'm needing a little help on getting some more info on it.  It looks like the ARM pistol, but it's not.  Anyone see this one before?  Anyone got any info/history on it??

[url=members.cox.net/~gseto]WHAT IS THIS THING???!!![/url]
View Quote

It looks to me like an orange cat wearing a six-color desert boonie hat. . .wait a second, there's a gun there, too. Never mind. [BD]
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 6:12:00 AM EDT
[#3]
That was one of Mack Gwinns early projects. He also built the Bushmaster Arm Gun, which was a direct copy of the Colt IMP.

Here's the IMP's bigger/older brother:

[img]http://www.snsfirearms.com/Resources/BMarmpistol.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 1:23:45 PM EDT
[#4]
So does anyone have an idea of what this thing is worth!?  This is the first one I've ever seen.  The arm pistol I've seen, as a matter of fact, I've owned about 4 of them....  Got one for sale too! heheheh
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 1:55:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 2:08:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not sure what you've got there but the original Bushmaster as I remember it was a type of bull pup design(and I believe was legally a pistol) with the magazine behind the fire control group which would pivot.

Whats in the picture is some sort of Kalashnikov action and the rear sight is very similar to that on a Galil Hadar.I don't know what it is but I know that I wouldn't want it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 7:22:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 2:48:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Yep, thats it.Don't guess I remember that rifle model.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top