Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/16/2003 5:02:37 AM EDT
Ok here is the scenario. You have 10,000rds. of 5.56mm. The evildoers set off some dirty bombs and the good ole USA is blown back to the 1800s. There is chaos and a breakdown of life as we know it. Basically a MAD MAX type situation. You're in the mid west and have to make it to a pocket of civilization in Venezuela..(that's in South America for the geographically challenged). You have your essentials packed..including a Sig P220 and a Bowie! What AR15 and accessories would you use to get you to civilization????? Have fun with this but serious thought and recommendations would be appreciated!
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 5:23:30 AM EDT
The rifle would be the "Ideal Rifle" in mind concept. 16", chrome lined, collapsible, Fsh hidr, fixed A-2 upper, Compact ACOG 47-2 (2x amber triangle), quick detachable Surefire light mounted "under" the barrel. Sight in would be the Santose method. Just your basic SHTF AR. Big Al
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 5:25:24 AM EDT
My Mil-Spec M4 with Iron sights only. If the SHTF its going to be hard to find batt's
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 5:28:17 AM EDT
I'm with M_4 on this one. MM419
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 5:30:51 AM EDT
Originally Posted By M4_Aiming_at_U: My Mil-Spec M4 with Iron sights only. If the SHTF its going to be hard to find batt's
View Quote
I agree. I'm grabbing my pre-ban Bushmaster CAR with A1 sights.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 9:03:16 AM EDT
Originally Posted By M4_Aiming_at_U: My Mil-Spec M4 with Iron sights only. If the SHTF its going to be hard to find batt's
View Quote
That's why there's tritium powered ACOGS [:)]
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 9:11:08 AM EDT
Yeah, and as for weapons lights, the ruskies would be squeezing their handguards to develop light!
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 9:14:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/16/2003 9:15:00 AM EDT by Citabria7GCBC]
Standard 20inch A2. light enough to carry yet long enough for accuracy. i dont think i'd have alot of features on it. thats just abunch more weight. BTW great choice with the Sig P220 .45. Its my dad's, but i'll claim it as mine [:P]
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 10:10:07 AM EDT
The one with the three round burst option.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 10:14:33 AM EDT
For what you described... 20" A2 with a lightwieght barrel. Compact 3X24 ACOG on the carry handle. Maybe a Redi-Mag to keep the dirt n grime out of a spare mag.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 10:18:10 AM EDT
The M-4. Iron sights and mags. 10000 rounds are a bit much. The most I would carry is 600 unless I had a vehicle of some sort. max
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 10:30:01 AM EDT
My preban bushy M4,I have a compact acog so batteries not a problem,my gear is configured so I can carry 20 mags plus one in the rifle so a little over 600 rounds I would have to have a vehicle of some type to carry the rest,instead of the SIG I have my 1911 and my top folding stock 590 12.gauge wich is no longer than my carbine..Im set
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 10:41:12 AM EDT
View Quote
So you had the good sense to buy 10k of ammo and 1 n cell battery?Even if this was the case having my ML2 for the first 30 days of the trip would be worth it. If you were going to hoof it to Venezuela you are going to need all the help you can get.I'd leave behind something else but I'd take batteries. Oh yea for a rifle configuration it would be an M4 with ML2.If the sight failed I'd take it off.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 11:35:26 AM EDT
7.5" SBR with 5" can. Forward mounted ACOG reflex, single point sling, Multi position CAR stock with the pin pulled out. (after all, this is chaos, right?) About as accurate as a nice 22lr, and about as loud. 2400fps 75gr Sierra Kings (for a little more slap than a 22lr). If I am alone in this scenario, I certainly dont want to draw attention to myself, and a 2.5" group at 100yards is just fine...considering the weight and maneuverability gained.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 11:50:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/16/2003 12:00:15 PM EDT by desertmoon]
Honest to God I would stick with what Stoner intended, an A1. However since it is more of a GP rifle in this scenario I would use a Bushmaster Superlite barrel with a tighter twist than the ol' 1 in 12, which I prefer for more "personal" engagements. Especially Zombie combat...as many of the guys here can tell you the 1 in 12 with a light bullet is absolutely devastating on Zombies. Other than that I would keep it feather light as possible. My light SHTF setup: Sp1a1, Blackjack Classic 7 and a Browning P35 HP Oh and by the way IF the US was blown back to the 1800's I would be even LESS likely to leave this great nation...this would give us a chance to put things back to the way they should be....and we could have HANGINS' too!! So, I'd be putting that Sp1 to much better use than running to some shithole foreign country. I'd be using it to protect MINE...fuck the radiation...I eat that pansy crap fer breakfast!!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 1:03:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/16/2003 1:06:01 PM EDT by tivoli410]
Originally Posted By stuporman: 7.5" SBR with 5" can. Forward mounted ACOG reflex, single point sling, Multi position CAR stock with the pin pulled out. (after all, this is chaos, right?) About as accurate as a nice 22lr, and about as loud. 2400fps 75gr Sierra Kings (for a little more slap than a 22lr). If I am alone in this scenario, I certainly dont want to draw attention to myself, and a 2.5" group at 100yards is just fine...considering the weight and maneuverability gained.
View Quote
yep, definately would give up a little accuracy for the noise. Perhaps a HK USP Tactical with a removable can to match. Edited to add: Night Vision (goggles or weapons mounted) Will be doing most travelling during the night. Another thing, why are we going to Venezuela?
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 1:41:32 PM EDT
Jesus H. fucking Christ, it seems like this thread gets posted at least three times a month. I'll commend the poster for adding in the inexplicable twist of having to travel to Venezuela. However, it's pretty laughable to imagine the armchair militia battling their way to another continent.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 1:48:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/16/2003 1:53:48 PM EDT by TriggerFish]
[img]http://www.z06vette.com/gallery/data/500/135kkm961.jpg[/img] ...and throw in a porter to carry the ammo & food & portable generator & TV & small fridge & .....
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 1:54:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By stuporman: 7.5" SBR with 5" can... 2400fps 75gr Sierra Kings (for a little more slap than a 22lr).
View Quote
I HIGHLY doubt you'd get 2400fps from a 7.5" and 75gr bullets. Probably closer to 2000fps, if not slightly less.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 4:00:11 PM EDT
This for me. [img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/054105.jpg[/img] And this for my wife. [img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/054114.jpg[/img] As soon as I could get my hands on one I would add a PAQ-4C or PEQ-2 to my wifes rifle and up grade from the Corsak on my rifle to one of the above as well. Add a TA-47-2 Commpact ACOG to my wifes rifle. It as Trijicon night sights on it now so if I could not find one she is still funtional at night. Add an IR filter to the M900A and run it until I ran out of batteries. Snag the PVS-7B's and ITT 6010 from the office. Move all night rest all day. Given what is going on I may grab on of the MP5SD's from the office if none of the other guys thought about it. A suppressed 9mm could come in handy.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 4:11:36 PM EDT
Since I cant take my M1A, I would grab my A1 rifle and bail. GG
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 4:23:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/16/2003 4:24:01 PM EDT by VA-gunnut]
This [img]http://world.guns.ru/machine/m249saw.jpg[/img] Or this [img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=16217[/img]
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 4:24:41 PM EDT
I would go for the standard 20" A2.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 5:37:53 PM EDT
Well, for me, I would want something simple, straight-forward and as lightweight as possible. Therefore my ideal AR rifle would be either a 16" or 20" Colt with lightweight profile, chrome-lined barrel and 1:7 twist for the heavy match ammo. An A2 style stock would be great for me as well. It would also be a flat-top and have a Trijicon ACOG TA31 mounted on it with an ARMS 19S. Next would come a Sure Fire 660 underneath the barrel and a pressure tape switch. Other than that, a good supply of 77 gr Nosler NATO pressure rounds in as many US mil-spec 20 round mags as I could carry would round out my AR needs. -Charging Handle
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 8:16:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/16/2003 8:17:52 PM EDT by ArmdLbrl]
umm, I think I would go for a restocked M16A4 and a ACOG. 20" barrels are better for hunting. Would I be doing much CQB? I don't think so. This is actually one of the more plausable scenerios in that, if a large number of nukes were detonated, and you some how survived, you would want to leave the Northern Hemisphere ASAP-or commit suicide. Death by radiation sickness is neither pretty nor pleasent. Now on the other hand, finding another country that has that many nukes AND any intention of using them against us is hard. Russia is the only one with enough warheads and they are not interested in any sort of conflict with us. In THAT sense its implausable.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 9:24:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Einrich: Jesus H. fucking Christ, it seems like this thread gets posted at least three times a month. I'll commend the poster for adding in the inexplicable twist of having to travel to Venezuela. However, it's pretty laughable to imagine the armchair militia battling their way to another continent.
View Quote
[ROFL2] It's so true! Also... who would we be trying to kill after this holocaust? Everyone would be in the same shithole and just trying to survive I think.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 10:52:14 PM EDT
"OLAH" I hope thats the way you spell it,any way I would take a spanish dictionary cause you gotta pass through mexico oh wait sorry thats the lower united states,then mexico central america and then to south america.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 11:25:41 PM EDT
Originally Posted By AJjer_Bullets:
Originally Posted By Einrich: Jesus H. fucking Christ, it seems like this thread gets posted at least three times a month. I'll commend the poster for adding in the inexplicable twist of having to travel to Venezuela. However, it's pretty laughable to imagine the armchair militia battling their way to another continent.
View Quote
[ROFL2] It's so true! Also... who would we be trying to kill after this holocaust? Everyone would be in the same shithole and just trying to survive I think.
View Quote
Then why did you bother to comment [troll]? "trying to survive" does NOT bring out the best behavior in humans...
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 6:11:30 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ArmdLbrl: umm, I think I would go for a restocked M16A4 and a ACOG.
View Quote
Same here.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 6:59:24 AM EDT
I'd want AR accessories that would provide me with antibiotics and how to use them.......show me how to purify water.....provide me with toilet paper, painkillers, food(in a real shtf scenario wild game would be radioactive), shelter......communication skills sans computer groups( no power) to join a like minded group of survivers..........hmmmmm......what else? In less than total collapse scenarios I guess a job would be nice. Enough gasoline to get to my job would be real good. If I could afford it would be even better. In short.....unless a SHTF scenario REALLY takes us to 1800 (and in most scenarios even if it does) My very LEAST concern is going to be whether or not I have 10 AR'S and 5 million rounds of ammo. Day to day life is going to demand otherwise or I, and my family will die of something else. Something more mundane.......Like disease from poor sanitation, or boredom from cheating at solitaire(the real kind, not windows) Personal protection is a large, important part of the equation but it pales before restructuring an entire way of life. Lets keep that in mind folks.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 7:26:40 AM EDT
To just play along with the post I would grab my SP1 20" rifle. Very light wieght. I would have my Colt 1911 and my knife would be a KHUKURIS .And if possible 22lr pistol stowed away in my pack .Those A1's/SP1's handle really well.WD
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 8:56:45 AM EDT
I think I would prefer to stay in place to ensure that my subjects were properly cared for and that they were doing their best to pay proper tribute to their new King.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 11:12:27 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Snark1: I'd want AR accessories that would provide me with antibiotics and how to use them.......show me how to purify water.....provide me with toilet paper, painkillers, food(in a real shtf scenario wild game would be radioactive), shelter......communication skills sans computer groups( no power) to join a like minded group of survivers..........hmmmmm......what else? In less than total collapse scenarios I guess a job would be nice. Enough gasoline to get to my job would be real good. If I could afford it would be even better. In short.....unless a SHTF scenario REALLY takes us to 1800 (and in most scenarios even if it does) My very LEAST concern is going to be whether or not I have 10 AR'S and 5 million rounds of ammo. Day to day life is going to demand otherwise or I, and my family will die of something else. Something more mundane.......Like disease from poor sanitation, or boredom from cheating at solitaire(the real kind, not windows) Personal protection is a large, important part of the equation but it pales before restructuring an entire way of life. Lets keep that in mind folks.
View Quote
With a good weapon you can get all of that, one way or another. And you can keep what you get from being taken from you. And if you did have 10 AR's and a million rounds of ammo- well then you have very very good bartering material now don't you? Yes the game would be dieing from radiation-that is WHY you are going to South America, to get away from the radiation. If you stay in the North you won't have to worry about disease or exposure, you will die from radiation sickness long before then. Once you get away from the radiation THEN you can worry about if or when something "mundain" is going to kill you sometime in the future, and then you will probably die of cancer or lieukemia in a few years.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 1:01:03 PM EDT
Well I think it is a little late to get that m4 I have had my eye on at the local gun shop. And my credit card is most likely no longer good anywhere. I would run with what I have a Colt Hbar6731 16" with iron sights and all the mags I have. And aquire some horsees I hate to walk and carrying all that stuff and what my wife and I need for our toddler son would test anyones metal. The gun I have the horses I would have to barter for if vehicles were not an option. Happy trails.............................. Why venezuela?
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 2:41:02 PM EDT
Originally Posted By colt_5_5_6: Why venezuela?
View Quote
I bet he heard womenz are from Venuz....
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 2:52:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/17/2003 2:53:26 PM EDT by AJjer_Bullets]
Originally Posted By ArmdLbrl:
View Quote
View Quote
Then why did you bother to comment [troll]? "trying to survive" does NOT bring out the best behavior in humans...
View Quote
How is that Trolling? Simply because I have an opinion contrary to that which is generally held on this board doesn't make it trolling to say so. To make a thread is to offer it up to both approval and disapproval. Are you saying that only positive responses should be made to any given thread? That wouldn't make for very interesting discussion would it?
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 3:50:47 PM EDT
Originally Posted By The4thHorseman: Ok here is the scenario. You have 10,000rds. of 5.56mm. The evildoers set off some dirty bombs and the good ole USA is blown back to the 1800s. There is chaos and a breakdown of life as we know it. Basically a MAD MAX type situation. You're in the mid west and have to make it to a pocket of civilization in Venezuela..(that's in South America for the geographically challenged). You have your essentials packed..including a Sig P220 and a Bowie! What AR15 and accessories would you use to get you to civilization????? Have fun with this but serious thought and recommendations would be appreciated!
View Quote
One that went bang every time and with accessories that don't break easy. The rest of this discussion is just fluff.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 4:07:44 PM EDT
I would suggest an AK in .223. Less to go wrong, parts-wise. As backup I would have a Bushy Varminter or V-match for long range work.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 4:57:56 PM EDT
My wifes setup would work pretty well. RRA heavy bbl sniper setup w/ Leupold VXIII, an LBV loaded with mags, ammo and water, and a RRA m-4gery on the pack. I carry a DSA STG-58 carbine and a Win. Stealth cut to 20" with a Gem-Tech TPR-S can on it---so both my rifles are in 7.62 and my 6 year old has an old 16" Bushmaster with open sights he can carry, along with his S&W 686----we are ready to rock and roll.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 7:44:49 PM EDT
my 16" bushmaster beater. who knows where that safe queen hits anyway. snark, less you can find lead shelled nuts,or a underground seven eleven, an ar that can dig up worms.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 7:58:32 PM EDT
A Standard 20" A1 or A2 rifle.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 8:02:57 PM EDT
WOW! Some very good suggestions indeed! Now some comments..Why Venezuela?? I picked it for a number of reasons...I was born on the island of Trinidad which is 10 miles of the coast of Venezuela...Venezuela is very far from any perceived target of terrorists and also its because its far from the US (comfort zone) and I wanted to see what suggestions would be made for that long ass hump! The main reason I posted this thread was to gather useful logistical and technical information. I am going to pour a lot of money into a VERY good AR and want input from the pros on the boards. I just dont want an-every-few-months range toy or a den ornament. I want something that can be tactically effective for a long time. So I thank all the gentlemen who posted useful, sensible comments. I think I will end up going with an 18inch barrel SIR setup from Wes at MSTN with an ML2 and as many 30 rdrs. as I can carry...any thoughts????
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 8:46:36 PM EDT
I think I will end up going with an 18inch barrel SIR setup from Wes at MSTN with an ML2 and as many 30 rdrs. as I can carry...any thoughts????
View Quote
I cant find any fault in that. It was a toss up for me between SPR and regular M16A4 but I went with what I thought I could afford.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 7:34:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/18/2003 7:40:02 AM EDT by Snark1]
Originally Posted By ArmdLbrl:
Originally Posted By Snark1: I'd want AR accessories that would provide me with antibiotics and how to use them.......show me how to purify water.....provide me with toilet paper, painkillers, food(in a real shtf scenario wild game would be radioactive), shelter......communication skills sans computer groups( no power) to join a like minded group of survivers..........hmmmmm......what else? In less than total collapse scenarios I guess a job would be nice. Enough gasoline to get to my job would be real good. If I could afford it would be even better. In short.....unless a SHTF scenario REALLY takes us to 1800 (and in most scenarios even if it does) My very LEAST concern is going to be whether or not I have 10 AR'S and 5 million rounds of ammo. Day to day life is going to demand otherwise or I, and my family will die of something else. Something more mundane.......Like disease from poor sanitation, or boredom from cheating at solitaire(the real kind, not windows) Personal protection is a large, important part of the equation but it pales before restructuring an entire way of life. Lets keep that in mind folks.
View Quote
With a good weapon you can get all of that, one way or another. And you can keep what you get from being taken from you. And if you did have 10 AR's and a million rounds of ammo- well then you have very very good bartering material now don't you? Yes the game would be dieing from radiation-that is WHY you are going to South America, to get away from the radiation. If you stay in the North you won't have to worry about disease or exposure, you will die from radiation sickness long before then. Once you get away from the radiation THEN you can worry about if or when something "mundain" is going to kill you sometime in the future, and then you will probably die of cancer or lieukemia in a few years.
View Quote
Using a gun to get what you need is a thought I suppose......if anyone has it. Some of it would be pretty inaccessable, and some would get used up pretty quick. This is all assuming that us AR owners are willing to rob and murder to get what we want. Aren't those the kind of people we wish to defend against??? Anouncing that you have ammo to barter might just make you a pretty good target.....to lots of unscrupulous folks. Radiation was just one possible scenario I mentioned...Lots of others which might result in the "1800's" might break down basic services like sanitation and health care......disease, at least to some extent, would result. That is a big deal without lots of fresh water and medical supplies. I work in a hospital and it is truly staggering the amount of supplies and "infrastructure" that goes into treating just one very sick individual. If it is someone you love and you don't have that system to go to...........the stuff of nightmares. I know I can be abrasive but I didn't post to make anyone mad but to provoke discussion and maybe some creative thought about what it would be like if the S**T Really DID hit the fan. My real point is that there would be a lot of factors affecting your decisions and preparations. I don't doubt for a minute that most people here are well armed, and as I stated, that is important.....very important! I just think a lot of time is being spent here thinking about equipment, and tactics, but that LOGISTICS are being ignored......ask any military commander or civilian disaster planner at any grade or level how important logistics are, and I think they would say.....Very!!!!!!! All that being said.....for day to day carry while solving lifes little probs.....I'd probably carry my RRA Tactical Entry stoked with some Lake City M193......Maybe with my Glock 21 for a backup. [snoopy]
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 8:06:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/18/2003 8:07:06 AM EDT by tac17]
If I really had to scoot these would be my traveling companions. That being said, I would hope that the radiation level would not be so high here that I would actually have to leave. It is for the most part in the middle of no where and I suppose it is possible. I wouldn't think someone's odds of humping it all that way would be that good. [img]http://www.geocities.com/prometheus_22/M4and17.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 8:18:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/18/2003 9:25:16 AM EDT by Cross_Steel]
View Quote
View Quote
[img]http://www.madmaxmovies.com/archives/Gallery/VidCaps/MadMax2/images/MM2OpeningChase.JPG[/img] Don't know if an AR would be your best choice. The MAD MAX films may have been sci-fi but there were some hidden truths in there. Simple low maintenance weapons, staying fast and mobile, being healthy, killer instinct, and being a little smarter will keep you alive. Just got back from lunch and thought about the above pic. The Directors of those movies kind of thought past the obvious. Have you ever noticed after tornados fires and other disasters that roads are still passable. In a SHTF scenario you would be on the run constantly and need speed. I wouldn't just one AR for survival. While your taking the gun apart you could be ambushed. Your secondary pistol wouldn't do you much good if someone was shooting at you at 100 yards with a rifle or two people jumped you both with shotguns. Downtime is your enemy. Sleep would be hazzardous. Being fast would be your best friend. Fast enough to get out of trouble would be more valuable than a whole bunch of firepower. Even with the most tricked out AR you would have a tough time against 10 or 12 people armed with old deer rifles that well 'weren't hunting deer to eat'. [frag] More tricked out the weapon more spare parts needed = more likelyhood of part breakage = downtime. Lots of ammo = greater weight = reduction in speed = making you a slower moving target. Just like in the movies over time you would find yourself abandoning your more complex weapons for simpler ones either you could find parts for or make yourself. In a SHTF scenario an AR might be OK if your were stationary and had an armory that allowed the downtime for your weapon to be cleaned and maintenanced. If your on the run it would be a bad choice. FYI I own and AR and like it but it does have shortcomings. OK that was my rant time to go back to work.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 8:34:07 AM EDT
My Leupold scoped M1A. [:)]
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 5:34:46 AM EDT
Originally Posted By tat2u: and my [red]6 year old[/red] has an old 16" Bushmaster with open sights he can carry, along with his S&W 686
View Quote
[shock]
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 7:41:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By WarDawg: To just play along with the post I would grab my SP1 20" rifle. Very light wieght. I would have my Colt 1911 and my knife would be a KHUKURIS .And if possible 22lr pistol stowed away in my pack .Those A1's/SP1's handle really well.WD
View Quote
ahhhhh, another like minded fellow! Does me good to hear that, War Dawg, and yup, the SP1A1 handles like a dream!
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 11:09:35 AM EDT
Originally Posted By The4thHorseman: I think I will end up going with an 18inch barrel SIR setup from Wes at MSTN with an ML2 and as many 30 rdrs. as I can carry...any thoughts????
View Quote
The Aimpoint to which you refer is an ideal CQB optic. That, and the scenerio you describe, prompts me to politely advise you to forget that longass 18" and go with a 14.5", chrome lined, 1 in 7, 4150 steel. Check out [url=http://www.cmmginc.com/inventory_a/Barrels_tbl.html]CMMG[/url].
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 1:43:40 PM EDT
O.K....I'll play....Which AR??.......... The only one I have access to (which belongs to my great uncle's third cousin's son's babysitter's best friend's hair dresser's garbage man...'Louie' somethin'....hey, it's a small world OK? And Louie happens to be really nice guy). 16" HBAR Post-ban w/A2 stock, EO 552 / ARMS 40A, Giles 3 Pt.Tac sling (Thanks, Lumpy). Sorry, I'd have to swap the SIG for my Glock 22 (Preban). Traveling light....300 rds for the AR (I'll trade the rest of the original 10K for a tired old mule and a saddle), 100 rds for the Glock, all toted in/on a standard LCII LBV & pistol belt. Outside of the standard "essentials", I'll pack a dozen extra Lithium AA's in the ALICE bag, along with maps, a good compass, .22 revolver and a couple of bricks of hi-vels. ........Probably won't get me to Venezuela, but I'll give the Texas border a good shot.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top