Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/12/2003 12:58:42 PM EDT
Hello all. My search turned up some results, but I need someone to help me understand something regarding carbine buffers.

When/why would I want to use a H Buffer in my carbine? Does the type of carrier I'm using (shaved vs. full circle)determine which buffer I should use at all?

I recently traded another board member for a pinned tele stock and it came with an H Buffer. The rest of my Carbine buffers are standard.

While I'm at it, where can I purchase the H Buffer by itself if it's so good.

Thanks for helping get this through this thick head.

MM419

Link Posted: 8/12/2003 1:19:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2003 1:22:19 PM EDT by SULACO2]
Wes at [url]http://www.mstn.biz/[/url] sells "H" Buffers. They are used in M4s because of their added weight they slow/even out the recoil impulse of the shorter "car" gas system. I don't believe their use is dependent on the type of carrier used. Though, heavier, carriers are believed to enhance reliability/functioning in "car"s as well.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 2:08:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 2:14:01 PM EDT
Thanks Guys for the info. I appreciate it! MM419
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 9:37:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2003 9:37:56 PM EDT by model927]
You get a little more momentum for a more positive locking of the bolt and a little more heft in stripping a round,I have a GI mag that because of burrs under the feed lips when loaded to 30 it stops the bolt from going forward,installing a H buffer made that not happen any more so you get more forward force and bushmaster has them for $25 and it reduces the force a carbine produces because of the shorter gas system,and that makes it a little easier on parts.You can feel the difference.
Top Top