BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 5:13:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Balance is VERY nice. About a half inch or less in front of the front takedown pin. I cant tell a diff with or without the Aimpoint. Wasnt going to get a light, but, have since rethought that, and might go for a Surfire with one of ARMS throw lever mounts for it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 6:24:15 PM EDT
[#2]
952 with the ARMS throw lever [;)]
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 5:02:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
952 with the ARMS throw lever [;)]
View Quote

Its one of a couple of possibilities. I also still need to get one for my CQB gun, and I think it is more of a priority.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 6:24:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 2:02:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Wes.

Ok, I got a weight on it. Unloaded and no mag it weighs barely a shade over 10 lbs. Literally almost 10 lbs even. With a full 30 round GI mag, it is exactly 11 lbs. Not as heavy as I though it would be.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 2:08:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks Wes.

Ok, I got a weight on it. Unloaded and no mag it weighs barely a shade over 10 lbs. Literally almost 10 lbs even. With a full 30 round GI mag, it is exactly 11 lbs. Not as heavy as I though it would be.
View Quote

Interesting. That is about the same weight as a M1928A1 or M1 Thompson...
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 2:24:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks Wes.

View Quote

what do I win? [;)]

ok, how about you let me shoot it at the FDCC? haha
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 2:32:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I think we both won, didnt we??

I'll let you shoot it anyway. [:D]
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 8:35:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Norman, Hawkeye actually wins... When you predicted it weighed 10 pounds, it was when the sling wasnt on it. If you took the sling off the rifle, it would be less than 10 pounds. He has a CQB Solutions SOP sling on it now and it was wearing it when he weighed it. The 1.5" think sling itself weighs just less than a pound. So, if he were to weigh it in the configuration in which you made the prediction, it would be less than 10. But dont worry, he'll probably let you shoot it anyway!
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 2:53:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Norman, Hawkeye actually wins... When you predicted it weighed 10 pounds, it was when the sling wasnt on it. If you took the sling off the rifle, it would be less than 10 pounds. He has a CQB Solutions SOP sling on it now and it was wearing it when he weighed it. The 1.5" think sling itself weighs just less than a pound. So, if he were to weigh it in the configuration in which you made the prediction, it would be less than 10. But dont worry, he'll probably let you shoot it anyway!
View Quote

Well, Hawkeye wins no matter what right?  I mean, he's got a rifle that he likes![:D]

But, since I just can't stand to lose, here was my prediction:
I'm betting close to 10 lbs
dissipator 7.68 lbs
full length SIR has got to be pushing 2lbs
and I'm thinking the sight & mount [red](& eventual tac sling?)[/red] will push it damn close to 10.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 4:48:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Dont worry Norm, I'll let you shoot it, just bring some ammo. [;)]

Maybe we should weigh New-arguy's favorite carbine......[shock]
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 6:19:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Sorry guys, I'm obsessed with rifle weight lately.  I am anxiously awaiting the new Cavarms receivers 'cause I have an M16 (no FA, A1 sight) upper I want to put on it.  I'm gonna go with a carbon fiber tube (see the other theads I've hijacked on that topic) and a Bushy 16" pencil barrel.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 9:15:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Jumping in way late on this one!

Did you have any problems mounting the SIR on the Dissy barrel?

Which SIR is it? I know rifle length, but it looks like a military model. Anything special, slim line, bi-level rail, etc?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 9:32:15 AM EDT
[#14]
No problems at all. There is only one rifle length SIR, and it is slim line, as are all new SIR's, and the military model. It is a pre production version. Production versions are not available yet. It is a #59 model nummber though.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 5:37:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks. I just worked a deal on a Bushmaster Dissy. It has been worked by KKF. Kurt did his light weight conversion on it, and put on an A3 brake. I should have it next week. (hence my interest)

Its a flat-top so who knows. Our kids may be twins someday!
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 6:25:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Nice to see the rifle SIR aboard Hawkeye!  Not many (if any pics) of that out there.  And in combo with the VLTOR!  Great looking gun!

Horik
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 4:29:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Yeah, there are only a few rifle length SIR's in the general publics hands at the moment, that I am aware of. I have held a production version, and it has one slight change from mine. The top rail extends a tad further forward before it drops down.

Did I mention that I love this rifle? [:D]
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 7:42:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Great rifle.  Unique, and fully functional.  Shoot it well!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top