Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2003 5:57:35 PM EDT
Where can I find one of those really cool waffle mags?  I have been looking everywhere... Shotgun News, Brownells, CheaperThanDirt, CDNN and gunaccessories.com don't seem to have them.  While I'm at it, where can I also find some Colt Sporter 7.62x39 followers?

Thanks guys.

Link Posted: 8/11/2003 7:08:59 PM EDT
[#1]
ConLima, perhaps you could share with us what gun this "Cool ass Waffle Mag fits ??  (AR-15, AR-10, SR-25, other ??)
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 7:38:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Last time I saw some, they were for the Armalite AR-18 (?).   (That is to say, the old ariginal Stoner design) They were over a hundred bux a pop.  Don't think they're THAT cool.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 8:43:05 PM EDT
[#3]
As a mag whore, I want one of the original AR waffle mags...

Link Posted: 8/12/2003 10:22:23 AM EDT
[#4]
ConLima, perhaps you could share with us what gun this "Cool Waffle Mag" fits?
View Quote

Sorry.  I have seen pictures of AR-15s (M4-gery string) with this style of mag.  I will try to find a image of one for reference.

Link Posted: 8/12/2003 10:44:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Do you mean an Orlite? They are black plastic and kinda have a waffle look to them. Thermold is a similar type used in Canada and some other places as well.

They are decent mags, but everyone seems to agree that USGI are still the best.

Orlite:
[img]http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd_images/product_images/777/MAG-790.jpg[/img]

Thermold: [img]http://www.gunsamerica.com/upload/976292262-1.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 8/12/2003 11:05:14 AM EDT
[#6]
These are the ones I am talking about...

The original AR-15 magazines were made by ArmaLite, the company responsible for the design of the AR-10 and AR-15 rifles, among others.
They were aluminum, 20-round magazines and had waffle-pattern ridges, though later examples had only the vertical ridges. These mags are very
rare, and are generally collectors' items. Floorplates were stamped:

ArmaLite(r) AR-15
Patents Pending
CAL. 223
COLT'S PT.F.A.MFG.CO.INC.
HARTFORD, CONN.U.S.A.
View Quote

Copied (and thanks to) from [url=http://magfaq.tripod.com/]Troys MagFAQ[/url]
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 8:53:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
As a mag whore, I want one of the original AR waffle mags...

View Quote

I saw one listed on AA-OK....I believe it was like  300 bucks. they also listed the alum. AK waffle mag...I believe for the same amount as well.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 1:00:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 1:10:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Hindsight is indeed 20/20...

I had my paws on one of the pink ones once upon a time...I put it back just as fast..

I wouldnt pay the princely sum asked for it.....

$20.00..Yes thats twenty...sheesh

Link Posted: 8/13/2003 1:50:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I have an original waffle mag and use it all the time.  No reliability problems with it.

Tony Rumore
Tromix Corp
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top