Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2003 5:40:37 PM EDT
I'm looking for the best way to carry up to 4 rifles to the range. I'm tired of lugging 4 bags. Can the blackhawk gear a.l.e.r.t. bag car 3 or 4 rifles?
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 6:27:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I use the BlackHawk padded weapons cases. They hold two rifles each and have nice carry straps. I can easily carry two of them at a time and find it more conveinient than having one case that would hold them all.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 7:31:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I was kind of hoping to get everything in one bag, rifles,ammo,targets, etc. I have a blackhawk discrete case but it only fits my m4's.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 7:31:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got a golf bag caddy made by GOLF GUARD. Kinda like a big black plastic container with 2 dolly wheels on the bottom and carry handles on the side and top. It has a place for a lock. I've put 3 rifles in cases in it. I think it was about $25.00.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 7:33:06 PM EDT
[#4]
So you think you can lift all that in one bag.

You must be a Swarzenegger type.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 7:45:26 PM EDT
[#5]
The rig I have rolls along real nice. I believe they call them golf travel bags. Rollin'm beats carring them!
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 7:49:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Pappyo, now that I have stopped playing golf due to back problems I now know what I can do with my golf bag.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 8:03:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Well I've never played golf, but did get paid to shoot muskrats at a golf course at night quite a few years ago. I bet it was more fun than golf!
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 8:31:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So you think you can lift all that in one bag.

You must be a Swarzenegger type.
View Quote

It has wheels
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 8:40:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've got a golf bag caddy made by GOLF GUARD. Kinda like a big black plastic container with 2 dolly wheels on the bottom and carry handles on the side and top. It has a place for a lock. I've put 3 rifles in cases in it. I think it was about $25.00.
View Quote

I went one step further and go right out with my golf bag. Top cover and all. It literally screams 'GOLF' and I love it. Plenty of side pockets for 'stuff'.....

I can put 4 rifles, in socks, in this medium bag (with head covers of course!), and it was cheap as hell to boot...
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 11:47:03 AM EDT
[#10]
I bought one of those old fashion collapsable shopping carts......and it works great. it's deep enough to place ammo box (the kind 5.56 ammo comes in), spotting scope, range bag and cased rifles. picked up at K-mart for 10 bucks. best thing it collapase and lays flat and takes up no space.  

I've even seen somebody at the range with a kids pull wagon......the guy paid 5 bucks for it at a garage sale. I wouldn't go too high tech or pay too much money when it comes to just hauling stuff from your car to the range line.....simplicity is best
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 12:05:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Engineer uses a little red wagon.  [;)]  Seriously, he has his rifles in soft cases and carts them around in the wagon.  I really appreciate the idea when I'm hauling 3 rifles + ammo to the range!
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 12:10:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Engineer uses a little red wagon.  [;)]  Seriously, he has his rifles in soft cases and carts them around in the wagon.  I really appreciate the idea when I'm hauling 3 rifles + ammo to the range!
View Quote

I've seen Engineer's "urban assault wagon" [:D] picture on another thread.....it's nice. there is also someone else with a FLYER one, without the siderails, he said he picked it up at a garage sale.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 1:38:47 PM EDT
[#13]
I went to an HK promo shoot. And the HK rep had a case for 10 SL8s that was really cool.

It was aluminum and had padded dividers in between the guns.

I wonder where you could get something like that (probably pricey)?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top