Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/11/2003 5:36:07 PM EDT
I'm looking at buying my first AR15.
I'll be using it for some competition (3 gun, Steel targets <400 yds), and varmints.  I'm currently looking at the Bushmaster V-Match 20" with a Y-comp.  Some of the competitions require iron sights, what is your opinions of the BMAS flip up front and rear sight?  Are these sights better or as good as other "iron sights"?  I haven't determined what kind of optics to use yet but I think I'll probably have to use some kind of ARMS mount so that I don't lose my "zero" when it is removed.  Your opinions and suggestions are requested.   THANKS!
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 5:45:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I considered getting a BMAS but my hang-up was that it appeared from pics that the rear sight would not mount as far back as the GGG A2 or the ARMS#40.  The ARMS#40 was $25-$30 cheaper than the GGG, so I went with that.  (very happy with it also)

Tex78
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 5:58:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Tex78,  what kind of front sight do you have?  Do you use a scope also, with what mount?  What distances do you shoot with the flip-up sights?  Any pics?  email me directly if you want.  [email protected]
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 7:22:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I use the standard EOtech with the standard front sight.  The EOtech mounts directly to the A3 rail without the need for any risers.  From what I've read, using the standard FS with a scope will not be a problem, as it will blur out.  (The last time I had a scope on my AR, she was wearing an A2 upper)  So far I have only sighted in at 50y (for the 50y-200y zero)  but I hope to get some shooting in at 100y (max at my range) this weekend.

[img]http://www.myweb.cableone.net/noknsean/Jpg%20image/rifle2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 7:56:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Tex78,  Thanks for the pic and info.  Couple other questions. Can you use the iron sights with the EOTech still mounted?  Do you like the vertical handguard?
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 5:50:39 PM EDT
[#5]
By design, you can easily use the irons thru the EOtech.  It's got a big square window, and you can look thru the irons in the lower part of the window. (should your batteries fail)

On the verticle grip: I like it a lot, much mre comfortable hold for fast shooting.

Here's a link to another thread by Yojimbo with pics of his ARMS#40 & EOtech + a $ir $ystem

[url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=162739]Yojimbo's M4[/url]
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 6:13:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm using an EOTech and the GG&G A2 BUIS, it works well.  Mine is a duty AR15A3 and it gets a fair share of abuse.  There is no problem using the BUIS through the EOTech.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top