Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/9/2003 6:48:35 AM EDT
Hey guys, I've seen a few photo's on here of Post ban rifles and carbines that have FWD pistol grips...I however recently heard that this was illegal due to '94 ban. This person is a FFL so I'd like to take his word, however.. everyone makes a mistake, it just s*cks you can't mistakes when the BATF is involved...Thanks for your help with this..
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 7:06:17 AM EDT
The vertical foregrip is completely legal on a pre or post ban. It's not an "evil" feature.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 7:08:26 AM EDT
I thought that as long as your post ban didnt have any of the 3 evil featers: [img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=11469[/img] A Forward pistol grip is not a problem. Check with someone else though too.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 8:40:06 AM EDT
[url]http://www.atf.treas.gov/pub/fire-explo_pub/gca.htm[/url
(B) a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of -- (i) a folding or telescoping stock; (ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon; (iii) a bayonet mount; (iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and (v) a grenade launcher;
View Quote
Nothing there about forward pistol grips. On the other hand, it is illegal to put a forward pistol grip on a handgun without registering it as an Any Other Weapon.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 5:56:43 PM EDT
Thanks Guys...I thought the guy was incorrect...but damn if you aren't a lawyer when it comes to owner firearms...
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 7:16:11 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Colt_sporter: Hey guys, I've seen a few photo's on here of Post ban rifles and carbines that have FWD pistol grips...I however recently heard that this was illegal due to '94 ban. This person is a FFL so I'd like to take his word, however.. everyone makes a mistake, it just s*cks you can't mistakes when the BATF is involved...Thanks for your help with this..
View Quote
I'd be interested to hear why this person (the FFL holder) thinks that forward pistol grips on rifles are illegal. I agree that everyone makes mistakes but considering how popular vertical foregrips are, that seems like a pretty tough mistake to make. Hopefully this FFL holder wasn't trying to sell you something.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 1:43:10 PM EDT
Nah, he wasn't trying sell something, he had a BM M4 with Fobus handguards and a fwd pistol grip but said the gun couldn't leave the store with it on...btu what I did afterward...he had no control over...and so since I'm thinking of making a AR-10/M4...I wanted to make sure...because afterall, there aren't any Preban Armalite AR-10's....
Top Top