Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/8/2003 11:04:31 PM EDT
I was really upset when, after a KB with my 7,5" AR, I ordered a new bolt carrier from my local OLYARMS dealer (I'm from Italy) and he, after a lot of time with no response said to me that he had no replacement parts in stock, and also, that ordering a new BC from OLY U.S.A. would be a really difficult task because of restriction on military and military-looking weapon export.

I tought that he was bullshitting me, so I contacted OLY USA, and sadly they confirmed that USA government put a really tight control over weapon export.

So I must apologize to Olyarms, it's not their fault (even if my local dealer must have in stock at least some BC...damn..)

So, out of desperation I phoned COLT Italy, and asked if they had some BC to send, even if I've not purchased a COLT ar...

After THREE DAYS they sent me with UPS a new bolt carrier, extractor, spring and pins...

I said WOW!, but unfortunately a hole in the BC was misaligned so my bolt didn't fit into...DAMN!

I contacted again COLT Italy asking for a replacement BC, and they sent me a new one after T-W-O DAYS, and with NO CHARGES! they also told me to send the defective BC for inspection free of charges.

Now, I'm REALLY, REALLY impressed, that's first class customer care, and I must thank the guy that sent me the pieces,very knowledgeable one..

The net result of all this story??

I've just ordered a 16" barreled M4 carbine (civilian version).......
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 11:44:31 PM EDT
Glad to hear things finally worked out for you!
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 2:10:21 AM EDT
Yeah, now it's C-A-U-T-I-O-U-S test firing time...:)
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 6:13:40 PM EDT
Sounds like Colt - Italy has MUCH BETTER customer service than Colt - USA!!!! --T. Fish
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 7:47:57 AM EDT
Was the new BC shipped from within Italy, or did it ship from Colt USA???
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 11:25:02 PM EDT
Underdog, Are the M4's in stock in Italy? How much are they (in Euros)? J
Top Top