Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/8/2003 8:35:59 PM EDT
What do you think of a nightvision scope for my M4 project?
I could never see myself spend more than 20 bucks for a friggin flashlight, so i'm looking into night vision scopes.
Whats decent below $500? I know i might have to settle for Gen. I, is that any good? Got any links?
Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 8:54:46 PM EDT
Spend HALF that much for a good flash light and you will be able to see TWICE as well (probably more) as with a crappy NVD.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 8:57:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2003 9:03:04 PM EDT by IronBalaclava]
Having TAC lights on ALL my defensive firearms I agree with New AR Guy. Nothing is more important. Not to mention with NV if you are in confined quarters/dwellings and the lights go on....Bad NEWS! BAD NEWWWWS! However NV has it's place in the field. NV under $500? You will generally be stuck with crappy GEN 1 tubes which are blurry as all hell and mess with your depth perception something awful.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 9:13:59 PM EDT
I will third the above opinions. If you are willing to spend $500, you will be able to get a very good flashlight for the money compared to a very crappy NVD. The flashlight will be more versatile for many more types of situations. Go with a Surefire light or save up 3 or 4 thousand bucks for a good AN-PVS-14. And don't crap out and buy a cheaper light, go with a Surefire light and make sure it is a Surefire weaponlight other wise it won't take the abuse of being mounted on a firearm. You will be a lot happier that way, I assure you.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 4:37:23 AM EDT
I have tried a GEN. 1 and it ain't worth a damn. Now on the other hand a GEN.2 is a fine piece of work. You will have to get off your $500.00 though. I think the gen 2's start at about $1500.00. A lot of money just to use a little, unless you plan on opening up the night season on deer.
Top Top