Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/8/2003 6:28:03 PM EDT
I have seen alot of these mags being sold lately. Has anyone used them at the range yet? What are the opinions on them? Especially when used with Busmasters?
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 8:26:02 PM EDT
The SA80 English mags work flawlessly in my Bushmaster M4gery. I bought one along with 3 Thermolds, but I just prefer the Thermolds more than the English steel mags. I think a black rifle deserves a black magazine. The SA80 English mags are slightly cheaper in price than USGI's or Thermolds. Use them without worry.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 9:36:37 PM EDT
They work great in my Oly and the CAR-15 J&T I built for a friend. Hoppy
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 11:19:56 PM EDT
I have 22 they work flawless they are the gray unmarked ones,I replaced the followers to green and just this past wedensday shot off in my preban bushmaster the 20 mags I had loaded to capacity the last 4 months,all functioned fine and the follower is smoother in the mags since ive given them a full capacity run through,They work great.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 12:25:20 PM EDT
They work great in my Bushmaster AR-15. They do not lock into my Bushmaster M17s. I know that they can be made to work in the rifle, but I prefer to just use other magazines in that one.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 3:49:07 PM EDT
Feed and function perfectly in my RRA AR15. Had to file just a little on one for more positive lockup (2sec job) but that a minor quibble. Bought 3 at $15 inc shipping. well worth the price and extra weight of USGI. Mine came with black/blue anti-tilt followers and have not changed them. Never need to.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 3:59:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/9/2003 4:00:04 PM EDT by Sniper_Wolfe]
They're great. Only problem is that steel rusts and aluminum doesn't. I like them better, especially the black teflon (think that's what it is) ones. I'm not a huge fan of the gray ones. They are a great solution if you want sturdier mags. Not a great solution if you plan on getting them wet. Edited to add: I haven't tried taking apart my tefloned steel mag, but I can't for the life of me get apart the gray ones.
Top Top