Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2003 12:56:18 PM EDT
Do all the 6 position collapsable RRA stocks wobble? In any of the 6 positions? Is there a method to lessen the wobble? Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 3:13:40 PM EDT
Sorry, ALL standard type collapsible stocks wobble a little, starting w/the very first Colt XM177 . You may be able to lessen it a bit by putting a strip of electrical tape at the very end of the tube, and another strip about halfway up, but it's going to have a bit of wobble anyway[:D]
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 3:16:25 PM EDT
How new is it? The RRA stock I bought last year was totally wobble free at first, but got a little with use. Compared to a MUCH more expensive Colt M4 Type II I have it was damn near rattle free. The only other stock I have that has so far stayed completely rattle free is the Vltor.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 10:53:48 PM EDT
It is less than 2 days old, definately not used before. A friend suggested putting some elctrical tape on the tube or inside of the plastic stock to thicken it up a bit. Sounds like a good plan.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 5:24:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/9/2003 5:25:04 PM EDT by nvcdl]
I just installed a DPMS 6-postion stock and it wobbles more then I care for. On the plus side the added adjustability is nice compared to the 4-postion stocks.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 6:31:23 PM EDT
I heard that the later production 6 position stocks are a little tighter to address the wobbling. Maybe an urban myth.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 6:42:57 PM EDT
Not a myth. I purchase a Colt M4 Type II stock and buffer assembly and then a couple of weeks later got a new RRA 6-pos. The RRA was NOTICEABLY tighter and definitely more rattle free.
Top Top