Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/7/2003 9:07:45 PM EDT
Can you recommend a training video in the tactical use of the AR-15 rifle or carbine. Cost of Formal training is kinda prohibitive
here.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 10:43:22 PM EDT
I ordered these 2 the other day I'l let ya know how they are once I get and watch them [url]http://www.gunvideo.com/pgroup_details.php?pgroupid=868[/url] [url]http://www.gunvideo.com/pgroup_details.php?pgroupid=869[/url]
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 6:16:07 PM EDT
Originally Posted By sunga_sy: Can you recommend a training video in the tactical use of the AR-15 rifle or carbine. Cost of Formal training is kinda prohibitive here.
View Quote
It is expensive but brother is it worth it. I spend my vacations going to Blackwater and I love every second of it. Nothing improves you like good hands on instruction taught by serious pros who know their stuff. Course the instructors never bother with me much, as I tend to be one of the best shooters in the class. And if I am not when the class starts, I make DARN SURE I am when the class is finished...
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 1:23:22 PM EDT
I just picked up Kelly McCann's Tactical Carbine tapes a week or two ago and I am very impressed. Good solid info, and he has a use for inner tube that I had not seen before (but now use on my own AR.) I'm afraid that I can't say the same for the "Mastering The AR-15" or Gunsite's "Tactical Carbine" tapes.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 4:22:07 AM EDT
Hi John Wayne!! You are very fortunate to be able to spend most of your vacation at blackwater!!How much is the average course cost? I gues you are very proficient with your ARs, I hope you don't mind , Am just curious how many and what kinds of ARs do you already own and consider to be the best?
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 9:01:27 AM EDT
The only video I’ve seen on AR training is the Gunsite’s “Tactical Carbine”, and I pretty much agree with [b]Dianabol[/b] that it doesn’t amount to much. While books, not videos, let me highly recommended “Some of the Answer: Urban Carbine” by Jim Crews ([url]www.marksmans.com/[/url]) and “The Tactical Rifle” by Gabriel Suarez. Blackwater website: [url]www.blackwaterusa.com/[/url] [b]John_Wayne777[/b]: note that [b]sunga_sy [/b] is apparently in the Philippines!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 9:40:27 AM EDT
"The Tactical Rifle" by Gabriel Suarez is indeed worth reading. I forgot all about "Some of the Answer", I was always gonna pick up a copy but never did. Thanks for reminding me, 199.
Top Top