Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/7/2003 3:45:40 PM EDT
This past week I was out in Idaho base jumping from a bridge, when a new jumper showed up and jumped with me and my group. When I first saw him I thought he looked kinda familier and after the jump he introduced himself and thats when I realized who he was. I got to parachute from a 480' bridge with the "real" Dan Shilling from "Blackhawk Down" I know he thought I was a pest because I asked him about a million questions and had him pose for a picture of me and him together but I must say that he is a really super nice and very humble guy. I did let him know that if it wasn't for the real men out there like him and all of the rest of the US millitary doing their thing, guys like me wouldn't be able to have the freedom to do my thing. Meeting Mr. Shilling really made my day. (hope I spelled his last name right, gave my copy of the book to a buddy)
BASE-RIGGER
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 4:17:57 PM EDT
[#1]
What are you nuts?
I don't mean jumping from the 480' bridge, I mean giving away your copy of the book. :)
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 5:14:53 AM EDT
[#2]
That is awesome!!  I would rather be int her presence of a true hero like that rather than 10 Hollywierd celebs.  Hope you thanked him for his lifelong sacrifice b/c it will be a life long sacrifice for him.  Not the reason I came here but, what the hell, I ;ll drop a shameless..
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid73/p6ca49e83163c63d3a1c8c46c213b68a4/fb763e5c.jpg[/img]

P.S. Where were you jumping?
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 6:03:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I heard a couple of local radio personalities this morning laughing about in the next year or so when the first of the Iraque war movies come out. They were laughing about how the actors (F-----g Hollywood garbage) will all be talking about how dangerous the set was for this movie or that movie, and how many harrowing experiences they had in filming. Both of these local guys said "if they want to see a 'dangerous set', ship their arses over now" where our troops have to walk the cities and are still more in fear of what will happen to them if they shoot and it's ruled not justified than being tagged by a terrorist. We are right in between Sheppard AFB and Ft. Sill here, and the population of this area anyway are VERY staunch supporters of our men and women in uniform. To be otherwise would get you a very lonely life here. O.K., off my soap box now, it is amazing how many of the folks like Mr. Shilling are humble, honest, truly good individuals that care more about the innocents in the world than the upper crust hollywood types (who have more to be thankful for than most) could ever understand. I sure don't mind saying thank you to people like him, the grunts, mechanics, radio men, and even cooks who are there doing "IT" because it is the right thing to do.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 6:37:29 AM EDT
[#4]
come on post the pic of you and him
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top