Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/7/2003 3:28:19 PM EDT
Does anyone know if it's OK to simply grind the locking surfaces off of the sides of the bayonet lug rather than cut the whole thing off when using a pre-ban barrel on a post ban rifle?
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 3:54:50 PM EDT
yes, it is.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 4:44:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/7/2003 4:48:43 PM EDT by mrostov]
Thanks, I should clarify a bit. The bayonet only locks onto the two front teeth of the bayonet lug. The rearward protrusions can't hold the bayonet on. Should I cut off the rearward ones also? There is no way for the bayonet to even go over them. It's actually a stop for when the bayonet locks onto the two front lugs.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 9:16:07 PM EDT
If it is non functional, it is no longer a bayonet lug.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 10:51:07 PM EDT
Just remove the front ones and it will be impossible to mount a bayo. Shouldn't take more than a minute to do with a dremel.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 4:24:00 AM EDT
Did that. Then touched it up with some cold blue paste. Looks nice and it still preserves that original AR sillouette. A CAR-15 just doesn't look right without the bayonet lug in the profile. I wonder why more people don't do that instead of just cutting the whole thing off? Put on a CavComp muzzlebrake. From a few feet away, the CAR-15 looks like a pre-ban. If AWB sunsets, I'll just Dremel out the welded pin, remove the CavComp, and install a Vortex flashhider.
Top Top