Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/7/2003 9:51:22 AM EDT
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/953400/posts

Arnold Schwarzenegger

An exclusive interview with the manliest man about his plan to help California's youth.

By Joe de Wolk, Youth Radio

YR: Some critics argue that in your movies, there's a lot of violence and killing...you smoke cigars. So how can you be a role model for kids with this kind of example?

AS: That's a good question. But that question, you cannot ask me. Because I don't pick myself as the role model. You can't pick yourself. You can't say, this is what I want to do: I want to smoke stogies and do things to be a role model. The role model is picked by youth. You kids are the ones that admire me. You kids are the ones that see my movies. You kids are the ones that say, "This is really cool, Arnold with his muscles. I like his bodybuilding. I'm going to watch pumping iron.''

It's the kids that do it. They think it's cool when you have a stogie in the mouth. So when I go on the talk shows, I always tell the kids: don't smoke. Because what I do, I do to make it part of my character. It's an image thing. And the movies, with the gun in my hand? I don't run around every day with a gun in my hand. So I want kids to understand the difference: one is make-believe, like we do in movies. But in reality, I'm for gun control. I'm a peace-loving guy. I hate violence amongst the young kids.

http://www.gunsandammomag.com/second_amendment/six_degrees_hypocrisy/

"Gun controls should be stiffer."
--Arnold Schwarzenegger

There is a sense of let-down with some of the stars. Schwarzenegger, who claims Republican leanings (despite supporting in-law gun-grabber Ted Kennedy's campaigns) is described by the press as "moderate on guns," meaning your rights have been terminated.

http://ganeshyamalabittu.tripod.com/heroes/id3.html

The actor has little time for politicians who equate Hollywood with violence. Schwarzenegger believes that violence in our society is not as insular as the politicians would lead us to believe. "My biggest complaint with the politicians is that the first thing they do is point the finger at Hollywood, which is moronic because that means that you're saying: I have the answer. Nobody has the answer. Therefore what you have to do is take the ten things that could be wrong in our society that you can never pinpoint. You have to say: Okay, let's just say it's the movies, rock music lyrics, the parents' failure to deal with the kids, the politicians' failure to create after school programs to keep them busy and create the right environment. Let's look at any of these different things, any one of which can apply to the influx of violence in our society and respond to all of them. Therefore, if we in the movie business should pull back, so should the rock and roll music. Gun controls should be stiffer, parents should start working harder with their kids, have more control over them and spend more time with them rather than going out to work or being on a golf course five hours a day instead of spending three hours helping their kids with their homework."
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 10:33:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like EVEN IF Ahhhnold wins, you Kali gun owners won't be better off.  Hell, things could get a lot worse.  Having someone so "popular" as guv., he could outlaw nasty black guns all together.  -Hope not.
-ARIZONA TriggerFish
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 12:22:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I take back every mean thing I've ever said about Texas [:)]
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 12:30:53 PM EDT
[#3]
People's Republic of California really isn't going to change is it?  Is there any way of getting contact information on Arnie and telling him how bad an idea more Gun Control would be?  I had more confidence in his politics.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 1:01:37 PM EDT
[#4]
The man makes his fortune carrying a gun but he really is an anti, I hope this is not the case.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 1:13:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Arnold:
"Stick around..." swiiiiiiipppffff (knife hits bad guy dead center of his chest)
Bad Guy: "uuuhhhh"...

What about knives Arnie???
Let's control knives, too...

Oh, yeah, and CARS...
Hell, they kill more people "each year" than died in one of the wars (Korea, Vietnam) I can't remember which...
Let's control cars, and get them out of the hands of incompetents...

[sniper2]
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 1:27:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a reccomendation for Arnold's stricter gun control; Gun rights for citizens of the United States of America, no rights for illegal immigrants.

Plug the hole Arnold, please.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 1:35:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

People's Republic of California really isn't going to change is it?  

View Quote

No, California's politics is not likely to change.  Even worse California's politics is likely to be an indicator of things to come for the rest of the country.  Some allegedly bright person once wrote "Fads begin in the east and move west while trends begin in the west and move east."

(Welcome to AR15.com - the finest board in all of gundom !!)
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 1:56:45 PM EDT
[#8]
like the guy said above.
he makes all his money in the movies with GUNS.
but yet he wants more laws.
he is a JACKASS.
let him go back to his own country.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 2:23:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top