Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/4/2003 7:49:32 PM EDT
I have a Sendra pre-ban and the serial # starts with 089 , the gun was supposedly made in 1989, is the 089 in the serial number trying to tell me that?
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 8:53:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Sendra
No verifiable information is available but this is what people have heard. Post-ban receivers have a circle milled into the side of the magwell. They were originally bead-blasted to a non-glare finish. All others are pre-ban. Also, they used to be NESARD. Rumored to have been owned by Dick Drasen (currently M&A Parts) and produced lowers only out of Barrington, Illinois. No complete guns were sold. [url]http://www.patriotauctions.com/ar15_serials.asp#Benelli[/url]

Link Posted: 8/14/2003 10:24:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Sendra XM15E2 s.n. 089xx

Your date of manufacture is April 1989 however the first 3 digits of the s.n. are [b]not[/b] the year it was made. 086xx - 091xx were all made in 1989. The fact that your s.n. starts with the same # as the year it was made is just a coincidence.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 11:42:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Sendra XM15E2 s.n. 089xx

Your date of manufacture is April 1989 however the first 3 digits of the s.n. are [b]not[/b] the year it was made. 086xx - 091xx were all made in 1989. The fact that your s.n. starts with the same # as the year it was made is just a coincidence.
View Quote

Thanks, thats the info I needed!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top