Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2003 4:23:40 PM EDT
I'm putting together a rifle with Bushy lower, Ace skeleton stock, DPMS flat-top upper with free-float tube over 16" heavy barrel. I'm fitting a Burris 3-9x40 illuminated ballistiplex scope and would like QR rings so I can swap on an OKO sight for blasting bottles and such at close range. I've had good results with high Weaver QRW rings on my SLR and was wondering what rings would be good for the AR for propper eye alignment with the Ace stock that would also clear the 40mm objective lens over the free-float tube. Anyone with a similar set-up? As usual, pics appreciated. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 7:25:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/3/2003 7:26:37 PM EDT by Fenian]
You should be okay with the ARMS # 22 high rings. Is that DPMS upper a real flat top, or one of the ones they make that have a little "lift" built in? I'm using the # 22 high rings with my Aetec...it's on top of the # 38, but it's got way more than enough room to clear the 44mm objective of the Aetec scope. I go back and forth between that scope and an Aimpoint...the ARMS mounts make that effortless. Here's a pic: [img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/188491/modular1.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 7:27:07 PM EDT
The Ace has the same cheek weld height as a normal stock so that shouldn't make any difference. Just use 'normal' AR rings and mount.
Top Top