Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/2/2003 9:35:30 AM EDT
-Aside from the CQB in off topic discussions that is.

I am just curious. I can't seem to recall a discussion about Wilson AR variants at all and was wondering why that might be. Surely some will offer the ungodly prices associated with the company, but there are quite a few members that will spend such sums on anything & everything on their ARs.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 10:44:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I think you answered your own question.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 10:55:38 AM EDT
[#2]
That's just it, Him. I "answered my own question" because there has to be more to it than that. Knight's is priced outrageously too, yet they creep up on the board from time to time. I can see the conjunction of high price AND low bells & whistles factor, or poor quality. But one thing I have learned from this board is that high price is anything but a deterrant for some members, no matter how trivial or ridiculous the item. So what (in conjunction with price) prohibits members from buying/posting Wilsons?
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 11:07:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I think no one wants to admit spending $1500 on a post ban AR15.  I bought a mint used UT-15 for $1100 and have enjoyed the hell out of it.  It has had almost 2000 rds through it without a single glitch.  Sure, I could have bought a new Bushie for $300 less, but the Wilson has lifetime customer support, not one year, and a pretty nice trigger.  I don't know if the Armor Tuff finish justifies the extra $, as my pre ban Colt finishes are holding up just fine.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 11:37:21 AM EDT
[#4]
The problem as I see it is they are not a very good value.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 11:50:41 AM EDT
[#5]
KAC gets mentioned because they have NSN #'s for most of their stuff and people just got to have what the military has.  Wilson on the other hand just has a postban that has standard parts that are machined to higher standards.  Big whoop, you can get AR's with parts that are machined well enough to work reliably for much less.  Les Baer on the other had has decided to to go the match target route and as a result gets more attention.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top