Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/31/2003 6:33:09 PM EDT
I was playing around with my M4gery today and decided to put the A2 grip back on, just as a reminder.  It sucks donkey balls!!!  How could someone even like that skinny ass grip?  I was planning on using it on my 870 stock conversion (seen here 870/AR15 Stock Conversion), but now I don't know what I am going to do for it.  More useless parts laying around.  

Oh yeah, pics of the M4gery:

Link Posted: 7/31/2003 7:33:46 PM EDT
[#1]
What grip is that you have there in the picture?
I like the looks of that.
I hate the A2 grip as well and have been trying to find a replacement.
Raymond
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 7:39:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Raymond
View Quote

Its marked Falcon, but it appears to be the exact one made by Cavalry Arms.  All I know is that it's SO much better than the stock A2.

Joshua
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 7:49:56 PM EDT
[#3]
That gun is purple! ;)

Hey BlackDog, why don't you stop in the WA Hometown forum once in a while? Going to Puyallup this weekend?

Back on topic...  I haven't tried anything other than A1-A2 grips. I think I'll keep it that way, or I'll have junk parts laying around also ;)
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 12:08:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Just wanted to add my .02

One of my all time favorite grips is the Olympic Arms grip.
[img]http://www.olyarms.com/popup/img/f3.jpg[/img]
I’m left handed and have pretty big paws; I find this grip extremely comfortable. Always thought they look kinda funny though. I got the first one on a pre-ban PWA and couldn’t wait to get it off because it looked so out of place but I really liked the way it felt; I’ve got a few now.

Best Regards, J

Link Posted: 8/1/2003 1:22:50 AM EDT
[#5]
BlackDog, cool pic! The foam padding matches your rifle!
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 5:26:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I have an A2 grip on one lower, a Hogue on another and a G27 by First Samco (sp?) on the lower I just built.  I agree the A2 sucks.  I like the Hogue pretty well, but I LOVE the new G27.  The G27 is a little fatter than the Hogue, places your palm a little further back (this helps correctly place your finger on the trigger) and has a rubber end cap for storage.

Link Posted: 8/1/2003 2:55:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was playing around with my M4gery today and decided to put the A2 grip back on, just as a reminder.  It sucks donkey balls!!!  How could someone even like that skinny ass grip?  I was planning on using it on my 870 stock conversion (seen here [url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=1&t=168809&page=5]870/AR15 Stock Conversion[/url]), but now I don't know what I am going to do for it.  More useless parts laying around.  

Oh yeah, pics of the M4gery:
[url]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=8518[/url]
View Quote

Use a colt brand A2 grip it  is fatter.
GG
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 3:09:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I simply cannot say enough how much I love the Hogue pistol grips...  I have them on several of my ARs.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 5:08:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I feel the same way about the Hogue.  I even put one on the AR-50.  Now if they would only start making them for the HK-91 and 94 I would be in hog heaven.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 5:28:43 PM EDT
[#10]
yipper, HOGUE is the only grip i really like on all my ARs. (when i first saw that pic with the purple it made me think of the gay barney charactor, lol)
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 8:59:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Hell, even his aimpoint is purple!
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 9:21:34 PM EDT
[#12]
You hogue lovers have obviously never tried the pacmyer vindacator.  Soooo sweet, that palm sweel in the hand, and the checkered rubber.  Oh yeah!
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 9:59:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm actually quite fond of the Tango Down BattleGrip. But, If I didn't feel the need to be able to shoot ambidextriously if I ever needed to, I think that one you have pictured would be the one I get.

Nice rifle BTW
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 10:17:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm actually quite fond of the Tango Down BattleGrip. But, If I didn't feel the need to be able to shoot ambidextriously if I ever needed to, I think that one you have pictured would be the one I get.

Nice rifle BTW
View Quote

Just FYI, they make an ambidextrious version with much smaller thumb rests on both sides.  I liked it, but I really only shoot from the strong side and the "right handed" model is not uncomfortable to shoot from the weak side.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 7:39:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Hogue grips are cool...  they still look like AR grips but are more functional.  I never liked the idea of using grips (or parts in general) that look like they belong on another gun... alot of the current AR grips look like they belong on an HK... I would hate for any of my ARs to have an "identity crisis".

Scot

As an aside, there are Hogue grips rumored to be in olive drab, any idea where?
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 9:36:06 AM EDT
[#16]
All I know is that the A2 grip makes it feel like I should be shooting with my second knuckle.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 10:04:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hell, even his aimpoint is purple!
View Quote

Yeah HisRAS is purple too![:D]
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 10:07:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You hogue lovers have obviously never tried the pacmyer vindacator.  Soooo sweet, that palm sweel in the hand, and the checkered rubber.  Oh yeah!
View Quote

I'm sure it's comfy and all but
That's gotta be the most misplaced/Awkward/fugly item I've ever seen on an AR!(IMHO)

I wonder how many bottles of Wild Tukey it took to get the great idea to mount a Revolver Grip on an AR?[>:/]
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 10:41:56 AM EDT
[#19]
my vote is for the G27.
i havent held very many others but mine is awesome!
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 12:06:18 PM EDT
[#20]
The G27 grip looks exactly like the Ergo grip, but is made over seas...I'd buy the US made product.

wonder if ergo grip is going to sue first samco?
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 12:51:02 PM EDT
[#21]
'nother vote for Hogue grips.  I have them on 3 of my ARs and can't say enough about them.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 1:42:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

As an aside, there are Hogue grips rumored to be in olive drab, any idea where?
View Quote

I believe that they do make them but you haev to call and ask for them.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 2:02:07 PM EDT
[#23]
I must be the only person in the world that doesn't mind A2 grips. That might have something to do with the fact that I like to keep my AR's in the original configuration, I really don't have a need for any fancy extras. I might order a Hogue or Battlegrip one day to see if I'm really missing out on anything.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 2:03:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I must be the only person in the world that doesn't mind A2 grips. That might have something to do with the fact that I like to keep my AR's in the original configuration, I really don't have a need for any fancy extras. I might order a Hogue or Battlegrip one day to see if I'm really missing out on anything.
View Quote

you're not the only one. I like mine.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 2:25:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
you're not the only one. I like mine.
View Quote

I got bored one day so I took a Dremel belt sander to the little finger hump on an extra A2 grip I had to make a homemade A1 grip. I really didn't notice a difference other than I actually missed the little hump. I guess I had gotten used to it.

edit: BlackDog714, that's a sweet rifle you got there.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 7:14:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Raymond
View Quote

Its marked Falcon, but it appears to be the exact one made by Cavalry Arms.  All I know is that it's SO much better than the stock A2.

Joshua
View Quote

The grip is an ERGO grip produced by Falcon Industries.  Additionally I must mention that this one, as well as the colored ones are all the non-overmolded type.  The OVERMOLDED Ergo grip is much better than the standard Ergo grip, and is right there with the Hogue overmolded grip.  For me it's the rubber overmolded Ergo grip (RH or Ambi), then the Hogue, then the regular Ergo grips...

Have not tried the Battlegrip or the Sierra Precision grips, or the G27, but they all are nice from what I hear.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 7:37:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I simply cannot say enough how much I love the Hogue pistol grips...  I have them on several of my ARs.
View Quote

Ditto.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top