Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/30/2003 8:26:39 PM EDT

It looks like a SP-1 barrel assembly attached to an A2 upper.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 8:41:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Was that somehow turned into an A2 rear sight from an A1? looks....modified?

You can get different handguards to go on a upper so I think it was probably a preban A2 upper that someone put SP1 style handguards on.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 8:47:35 PM EDT
[#2]
The barrel looks thinner then A2-profile, which is what makes me think SP1-barrel with different A2 upper. The upper looks a little bit purple, which suggests Bushmaster to me. Any additional info from the experts appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 9:07:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree bushmaster, upper,what is the letter designation on the other side of the carry handle infront of the rear site?that will tell for sure.could be an M16A1 barrel assembly try 55 gr. and then 62 gr if the accuract sucks with 62 and is good with 55 its probably a 1/12 twist or better see if the top of the barell is stamped with anything or even under the handgaurds.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 9:10:24 PM EDT
[#4]
All I have to go on right now is the pics, so I can't look for any particular marks.  I hoping someone might be able to figure more out then me with just these to go on.  The entire assembly is $250 complete with B/BC/CH
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 9:16:46 PM EDT
[#5]
It looks like a purple bushy with a sirplus M16A1 barrel kit. Does it have an M16 or AR15 carrier?
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 9:34:01 PM EDT
[#6]
AR carrier. I appreciate the replies.  Is looks like it's pretty much what I originally took it for. If anyone else has anything to add, feel free, I'm curious.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 9:48:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like a Bushmaster A2 upper receiver (with the reat sight replaced... notice difference in color) attached to an older A1 barrel and handguards.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 5:26:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Looks like a Bushmaster A2 upper receiver (with the reat sight replaced... notice difference in color) attached to an older A1 barrel and handguards.
View Quote

Color difference is normal.  The rear sight base is steel, and would be parked.

I'm curious about the markings, if any, on the barrel, and the forge mark(s) on the right side of the upper, on the boss just in front of the rear sight. The barel is definately A1, but the markings will give you a slant on who made it and may point you to whether or not it's chrome lined.

Wish you'd posted a pic of the right side of the upper.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 6:49:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Purple or not, the finish looks really bad to be a Bushmaster.  It almost looks like it was painted.  I will go with the A2 gov't profile barrel w/ A2 Birdcage flash hider and the older triangular handguards.  Probably a "Franken-upper."
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 7:06:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I think what you are seeing is fingerprints and oils on the finish. It's definitely an A1-type barrel though.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top