Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/30/2003 12:56:05 PM EDT
I actually have two of these rifles with forward assist, ejector cover, and A1 sight. They had the triangular handguard (still have them), but I bought the full length A2 handguards. They have 20" barrels with A2 birdcage, old bolt and charging handles. I know they are old rifles with a few dings.

One complete rifle has the A1 upper, A1 stock and a PWA lower. What is a fair price?

The second upper does not have a lower. What is a fair price?

shurt1073@aol.com
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 4:43:01 PM EDT
No expert on preban lower prices, so won't try to give you anything on the complete rifle. Can tell you this though. Bought a complete GI surp barrelled upper assy last fall, from a dealer who had a bunch of them at a show, for $325. Came complete w/ bolt, carrier, chging handle, and everything but the forend pieces. Picked up an A1 forend from a local dealer for $10. 99% finish, and from the markings on the barrel and upper, very late production. Might keep that in mind when you're setting your price.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 4:54:07 PM EDT
Thanks for the information ... it gives me somewhere to start. sh
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 5:09:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/30/2003 5:10:59 PM EDT by peecmkr45]
If they have the A1 barrels and your thinking that may alter the price upwards,the A1 barrels are still available for $120 to $130 new. The A1 upper reciever may be less desirable to some folks. It's proabably a wash on average. Most used uppers are worth $200 to $350 w/o bolt/carrier depending on maker and condition.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 5:13:29 PM EDT
I talked with a few people locally who told me that the A1's are not the most popular uppers. Will they sell on the equipment exchange?
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 7:50:27 PM EDT
It depends if they have the Colt gray finish on them or the black. If they are black you should have an easier time selling than the gray. I bought a complete USGI Colt 20" 1X12 upper with the gray finish and I am now in the process of refinishing a lower and it's various parts to match it. I like the A-1 version and want one as original as possible minus the bayo lug of course.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 6:43:24 PM EDT
Yes,they should sell on the exchange if your price is reasonable. Put them on there,you don't have anything to lose.
Top Top