Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/30/2003 10:38:51 AM EDT
hi i have a pac west arms ar15 i bought in a lot of guns and it is preban that much i know. i would like info about pwa who they are now if anybody. or if they are just tits up as of 1996. the one i have is from mailln il.i just would like to know what there history was.are they mil spec etc..... thank you ~Richard also the a1 aight has a knob insted of a pie plate type a1 any idea who made the upper did they make whole rifles~R
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 11:36:49 AM EDT
PWA is regarded as a high quality lower. I had one in the 7,000 range and loved it. Rumor has it that Rock River Arms bought some if not all or their tooling. When and why they went under is unknown to me. It is also widely said that they did not make complete rifles, lowers only. Who can be sure? Mine had a Colt A2 upper and G.I. surplus parts. Post the markings on the upper (if any) and someone should be able to tell you who made it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 1:43:15 PM EDT
only markings on the upper are the letter k stamped under the back sight. on the barrel is marked n 5.56 1/9 that is all. thanks ~R
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 4:12:46 PM EDT
I have three PWA lowers. One came with what was presented to me to be a PWA upper. C7 style. The black on the upper and lower matched exactly. I have seen several other PWA lowers and complete rifles. The complete rifles had uppers that matched up to the lowers very well in all aspects. So I am of the belief that PWA did make uppers and lowers. The barrels I have seen are all no name barrels. The few that I have shot were okay but nothing to write home about. The lowers I have are great. no problems at all. Bushmaster and DPMS uppers match up to the color the best. If I could get another I would. But I would change the barrel out. I like to know where my barrels come from.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 5:20:25 PM EDT
That would be Milan, Illinois, and there are post-ban PWAs still available. RRA used PWA lowers while ATF took their sweet time approving theirs. They made lowers only. They were, to the best of my knowledge, all forged and all A2 style. Sluggo
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 6:50:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By sluggo: That would be Milan, Illinois, and there are post-ban PWAs still available. RRA used PWA lowers while ATF took their sweet time approving theirs. They made lowers only. They were, to the best of my knowledge, all forged and all A2 style. Sluggo
View Quote
Mine was A1 style. No reinforcement at the stock extension.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 9:36:46 PM EDT
My pre-bans are A1. My post-ban is A2.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 3:05:23 PM EDT
I stand corrected. RB Precision is still scoring post-ban PWAs. Get ahold of them if you need one. Sluggo
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 7:29:12 PM EDT
shot it today it is sweet. would still love more info about pwa's ~R
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 6:48:37 PM EDT
guy's and ladies any idea what pwa's are worth i would like to sell mine to buy another FAL and a bretta storm when they come out this or next month... is $1300 a good asking price for a preban thanks for any info ~Richard
Top Top