Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 12:32:04 PM EDT
[#1]
[b]Quoted:[/b]
I can't believe how much time I've wasted on this one waiting for the[b] full scoop[/b].    

[ROFL2]
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 1:05:54 PM EDT
[#2]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
I was pooping this morning and wondered about this. Was it wrapped in poo paper?

1930HRs. I love Christmas.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When dont you think about AR15.com ?

U-Baddog, I was pooping! How dare you tread on my private pooping thoughts!
This thread has gotten to me, I admit.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 3:14:12 PM EDT
[#3]
 I understand he wants to keep the dealer private....FINE....I can't blame him....but if it is THAT wierd then it can't be something RRA or the dealer would have done intentionally or accidentally.  If something happened along the way that neither could forsee or stop IT ISN'T LIKE WE ARE GONNA BLAME THEM!!!  

POST IT, ALREADY.   BUTFOR!
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 3:28:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok its 19:30!!!!! this better be freakin good.....UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 3:33:06 PM EDT
[#5]
OTAY!
I'm at my friends house instead of home.  His family [by order of the wimenz] and mine had supper together.  JimBob is right here with me and he is also wondering as to how "I" should tell this story that is not mine but his.......and he had no intention of letting it out of the bag. [As I stated earlier, I should have just asked the question and left out the dealer part].

So, let me gather up my thoughts.....JimBob is right here[his house, his cable modem connection.....]to keep me accurate even if I use poetic license.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 3:36:20 PM EDT
[#6]
[stick][slap].....this REALLY needs to be good now....UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 3:42:21 PM EDT
[#7]
So now I get it! Dave's next post will be 66* the sign of the devil!
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 3:49:00 PM EDT
[#8]
da-da-damn, I really can't believe all the hits this thread has taken.

Hello, dudes and dudettes.  This is Babara Wawa at an ARFCOM members house, whom we will call JimBob.  He has a bag over his face so no one will recognize him.  This is his story.

B: JimBob, glad you could make it.
JB: Thank you.
B: You're laughing but I can see the pain in your eyes.  You got something that you didn't expect.
JB: Yes, that is correct.
B: Now, let me give some of the facts up front.  Your children and a fellow ARFCOM member's children have developed a friendship that let up to you meeting DaveS.  That is correct?
JB: Yes.
B: And in your conversations with him, you found out that he was a former Uncle Sam's Misguided Children[USMC] Scout/Sniper Instructor.
B: You're not very talkative, tonight.  Oh, yes, I see the pain.

cont' in <5 minutes
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 3:59:11 PM EDT
[#9]
OMFG This better be very,very,Freakin good!!!!
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 4:04:10 PM EDT
[#10]
B: I understand that he let you see his AR-10s, a Bushmaster.....sounds decadent.....and other firearms.  Oh, he let you touch them and then it happened.....you got the Black Rifle Fever.
B: Yes, such a big word. It says so much, but you must tell us YOUR story.
JB: [sniffle]Okay, but bear with me.[/sniffle] I have a few firearms of my own.  I am a man, you know.  The smooth lines of the AR-10(T) was seductive and the brutal in-your-face look of the AR-10A4 was something else.......it was the Bushmaster that started it all.  Now, I knew that I didn't want an A2...that's what they call that style he has, you know...., but more in line with the 10T.....but BLACK not green like his.
B: Now, I understand DaveS helped you in nomenclature, manufacurer websites, and of course ar15.com, the most famous website in the world.
B: Again, that yes says so much.
JB: Yes, it does.

cont in <5min
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 4:06:30 PM EDT
[#11]
don't dignify this guy with your time. He's having fun just stringing you all along.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 4:08:13 PM EDT
[#12]
If you don't post the rest of the story, I am going to launch a string of profanity that will get this thread locked.  This is not an idle threat.  You have 5 minutes.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 4:10:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If you don't post the rest of the story, I am going to launch a string of profanity that will get this thread locked.  This is not an idle threat.  You have 5 minutes.
View Quote

[ROFL2]
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 4:11:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I agree, I think he has dug a hole with this BS.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 4:19:09 PM EDT
[#15]
B: So, you made a decision to go with a RRA 24" Varmint.
B: That wasn't a question. So, you discussed possible dealers and therefore, which ones would be easiest to order from.
B: So, you chose one and made contact?
JB: Yes.  It took three days by phone....but I finally got through.
B: Please, tell us more.
JB: Well, I asked for a RRA 24" Varmint in black.  He said that it would take about three weeks, so I put @ 50% down.
B: Is that the standard method of business.
JB: Well, I am an ar15 noob, but it's like earnest money, it lets the dealer know that your not pullin his chain.
B: You've gotten so talkative now that money and a black 24 inches.....
JB: That's quite enough!
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 4:19:54 PM EDT
[#16]
If the cussing doesnt work ill break out the Nipple chic with  the colt smg Pictures...That'll get it locked down....i dont mind taking one for the team...........UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 4:22:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Go for it UD!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 4:26:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Time to lock this steaming pile of shit.  I've seen bloody twat bubbles post better topics than this.

[img]http://www.curvedspace.net/vomit.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 4:27:43 PM EDT
[#19]
If ANYONE gets this locked I have some vacation time comin and havent been on a huntin trip in some time!
I paid my two bits to see the high divin act and I'm a gonna SEE the high divin act!!

[:D]
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 4:29:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Well that did for me, my ribs are hurting! Tears running down my face. Thats the way I feel about this topic.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 4:30:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Okay, I've tried to keep it light hearted when so many are looking for blood.

There was/is a story behind my post that started this thread.  I apologized that I just didn't keep it a simple:
"How did yooz gyzz receive you RRA rifles from your dealer?"

Even after that, and more than a few of you know me, we have noobs cutting in and others that want blood and meat.  Well, it wasn't my story to tell and I will apologize again.  I am at the home of my friend and he was laughing at my antics but sees that there is no way to get the blood out of the water.  For the assholes here, I am signing off and letting him tell his story if he will. I just asked and he says he will keep it short, factual, and no slander involved or parties revealed that haven't already.....which, really is only me, DaveS, his friend that turned him on to black rifles, the great family [and asshole relatives] of this website.
 JimH, sorry that it turned out this way and that humor failed [even though the truth was in there]with the sharks.

Dave S
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 4:36:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Man......Did I ever need a good laugh........

My sides are still hurtin
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 4:39:06 PM EDT
[#23]
DAmmit not even a reacharound! color this noob gone!.............UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 4:40:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Holy Crap,

I have a feeling that there is going to be a fucking Amway pitch at the end of this turd of a thread.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 4:45:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Okay.  Thanks for warming up the audience for me, DaveS.  Now we can both be annihilated!  No story can live up to that hype.

Before I start, let me say that the dealer has stated that he will do whatever it takes to make me satisfied (i.e., get me a new, assembled/packed from RRA 24" Varminter, standard upper, magazine, blah, blah, blah).  He has not given me the least bit of grief about any of this and has been very nice.

So, if you want to hear the story, read on.  But it isn’t short, and it isn’t funny.

While I have a lot of enthusiasm, I am new to AR15’s and have some, but not a lot, of firearm experience in general (as will become clear as you read this).  I ordered a RRA Varminter on April 25.  Put down a $500.00 deposit.  It was supposed to take 3 weeks.  After 4 weeks of no news, I called the dealer and the dealer promised to check with RRA and let me know what they said.  The dealer didn’t call me back.  After another week I called again, and the dealer promised to call RRA and get back to me with an answer on when my rifle would arrive.  He didn’t.  About one week after that (now up to 7 1/2 weeks) I e-mailed the dealer and insisted on getting an updated ETA from RRA, making it clear that I didn’t blame the dealer since he can’t make RRA deliver the rifle to him.  He responded to my e-mail and told me that RRA said 2 to 3 more weeks.  So, 4 weeks after his e-mail to me (11 weeks total) I called again and left a voicemail message that wasn’t returned.  After another week (12 weeks from order date), I drove down to the shop to meet the dealer face-to-face, hoping that if I became something other than a faceless name to him that he might try a little harder for me.  Well, he was out of the shop (I hadn’t made an appointment to see him, so my mistake).  His partner called him on the radio and he said he would again call RRA and check on when the rifle would arrive.  After one more week of no answer from the dealer, I called again and left a voicemail message.  The dealer called me that night (a Friday) and said my rifle was in.  Woohoo!!!  Finally!!!  However, he had something else going on that weekend and I wouldn’t be able to pick it up until the next Monday.  I told him I would be at his shop Monday evening.  Well, over the weekend, I started thinking about the traffic around this big city (lots of it) and how far I had to drive (100 miles one way) and at what time of day (end of rush hour – which never really does end here).  So, I decided to take off work on Monday and go get it.  I called the dealer Monday morning about 9:15 a.m. to let him know.  Got his voicemail again, and told him I would be there at noon and asked him to call me if that would be a problem.  I waited 30 minutes, heard nothing from him, and left.  Well, I got to his shop around 12:30 and the rifle wasn’t there.  The rifle was about 45 miles east of his shop and he wasn’t going to leave until 4:00 to go get it (originally told him I would be there at 7:00 p.m.).  I guess that is my fault for not getting confirmation, but I thought that “Your rifle is in” meant that he actually had it in his shop.  Bad assumption on my part.  I’ll take the hit for that one.  Well, he was very nice about it and offered to meet me in between his shop and my house that night to deliver it for me, saving me another trip to his shop.  I thought that was pretty nice, so I agreed and paid the remaining $450.00.  I met him later that night in a parking lot and he gave me the (separate) upper and lower.  They were laying on the front seat of his vehicle.  Let me make a couple points here, a) I’m a definite newbie, b) I was really anxious to get my rifle, c) I was uncomfortable waving the rifle around in the parking lot of a busy fast food restaurant in downtown Big City as the sun starts going down.  I took the upper and lower, signed for them, and went back home.  When I got back home, I unwrapped the upper and discovered it wasn’t the one I ordered.  Then I noticed that there were no Hogue rubber grips on the lower (as advertised on the RRA web site).  I was really unhappy.  I called the dealer and left a voicemail telling him that the order was wrong.  I also e-mailed him that night, too.  He responded that night (though I didn’t see t until the next day because it was late and I went to bed).  He told me he wanted me to be satisfied.  The next day, I called RRA and asked how they shipped rifles from the factory (and DaveS started this thread).  Steve at RRA told me that new rifles were wrapped, put in a box, the box was surrounded by a packing sleeve, they came with a 7 to 10 round magazine, a GI style manual, and a warranty card.  Steve said that when uppers and lowers are shipped out individually (not assembled into a rifle), they are wrapped individually and put in a box with other similar items and shipped in bulk.  I gave him the serial number from my lower and Steve told me that that part left the factory as a stripped lower, not a complete rifle.  Couldn’t tell me if it had the 2-stage National Match trigger, because the lower was STRIPPED when it left RRA.  RRA told me that they never had any shipping delays anywhere near 14 weeks, and that complete rifles were shipping in 4 to 6 weeks (closer to 6 than 4) and lowers were shipping within one week.

So, after waiting 14+ weeks to receive what I thought would be a complete, warrantied RRA rifle packed in a real shipping box, I believe this is what I got (remember, I’m a newbie, but I’ve done some research):
a) an unwrapped lower that had left RRA stripped and was built up from a parts kit
b) no Hogue grips
c) question mark on the 2-stage trigger
d) the wrong upper
e) parts that were bounced around in the front seat of the dealers vehicle for 100+ miles
f) no magazine
g) no manual
h) no warranty card (and probably no warranty)

So, where am I now?  The dealer has agreed to order a new, assembled/packed from the factory, with the factory accessories (magazine, manual, warranty card) from RRA and deliver it to me in the condition he received it from RRA in 6 weeks or less.  I am returning the upper and lower (unused, in the condition I received them) to him in another day or two.  He didn’t give me a hard time about it.  So, check back in 6 more weeks.  I’ll be waiting.  Still waiting, and waiting, and …
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 4:54:05 PM EDT
[#26]
What, no poop?

That is kind of shitty treatment and service from the dealer though. I'd be pissed too.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 5:13:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Jim

I think you've been more than patient and fair about this.  I also think he tried to give you something other than what you ordered.  And candidly, as  a dealer, he knows exactly what he recieves and sells.  So, I don't give him a  pass as you did.

I'd want my money back yesterday.  And I'd go looking for what I want elsewhere.   I can't believe it takes that long to get a varmint style AR in any major city in the USA (excepting places like California which are marginally in the USA).

Best of luck.  I hope you get what you want.

Link Posted: 7/31/2003 5:28:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Despite all the hype, I'm satisfied.  Were you making us wait to hear the story so we could feel your pain? LOL

I feel for you.  I'm a legal immigrant (Green Card 8 months away) and I  went through the NICS appeal process (going through it again).  It took six months of writing back and forth, sending in documentation blah blah blah.  Six months of salivating over a rifle which I finally was approved for.  The nice thing was that the dealer was cool about it.  Six months.  I hope you don't have to wait that long for yours.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 5:37:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So, if you want to hear the story, read on.  But it isn’t short, and it isn’t funny.
--
I’ll be waiting.  Still waiting, and waiting, and …
View Quote

JimH, you have every right to be ripping.  And the fact that this guy is a dealer on the board means zip-point-squatto.  In fact, the idea that doing business on AR15.com denotes some legitimacy is laughable.  Get yer money back.  The guy is a loser and should be outed.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 5:38:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Ummmm, I think some "Arfcom registered dealer" needs to make damned certain that you get what you paid for this time.  Sounds inexcuseable to me, I commend you for giving him a fair chance to make it right without dragging his name through the mud.  I might not have been so benevolent!  

BTW DaveS  [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 6:02:18 PM EDT
[#31]
The dealer made a decent profit on the sale, and he should know what he was selling you. Wonder why he had the rifle with him instead of at the store? Sounds like he was picking up parts, or a rifle from another FFL. He must have knew you were new to ARs, and desperate to have a black rifle. I wonder how many other times he has done the new rifle with warranty price for a dealer assembled parts gun? Very dishonest practice! I guess he was screwed when the pistol and upper didn't match what you ordered. No box, no warranty card, and no owners manual, heck it sounds like a used rifle.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 6:16:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Guys,  Thanks for the moral support.  I was apprehensive about telling this story since I'm new and don't know all the standard protocol and "unwritten rules."

I also wonder how many others have been treated this way.  If I hadn't gotten the EOP upper instead of the flat top and the Hogue grips hadn't been missing, I never would have known the difference.  At least until I had a problem and then found out from RRA that my "rifle" was only a stripped upper in theor records!

AMOS - the rifle, or rather the pieces, are new.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 6:20:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Despite all the hype, I'm satisfied.  Were you making us wait to hear the story so we could feel your pain? LOL

I feel for you.  I'm a legal immigrant (Green Card 8 months away) and I  went through the NICS appeal process (going through it again).  It took six months of writing back and forth, sending in documentation blah blah blah.  Six months of salivating over a rifle which I finally was approved for.  The nice thing was that the dealer was cool about it.  Six months.  I hope you don't have to wait that long for yours.
View Quote

C-4 - Welcome to the best country in the world!  I'm glad to see you exercising one of your most fundamental and important rights - to Keep and Bear Arms.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 6:38:38 PM EDT
[#34]
I had a similar experience with a dealer that's an industry partner here. I was looking for a NIB example of a pistol that Im pretty sure isn't currently in production. After a while he let me know it'd be 6-8 weeks before he could get it in stock.

Three days later he emailed me a picture and a note letting me know he got a couple in stock that day.

Bastard didn't even let me have time to procure funds, Im still trying to pay him. [:)]

Ok, so mine was a little different.

Jonathan
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 6:48:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I had a similar experience with a dealer that's an industry partner here. I was looking for a NIB example of a pistol that Im pretty sure isn't currently in production. After a while he let me know it'd be 6-8 weeks before he could get it in stock.

Three days later he emailed me a picture and a note letting me know he got a couple in stock that day.

Bastard didn't even let me have time to procure funds, Im still trying to pay him. [:)]

Ok, so mine was a little different.

Jonathan
View Quote

LOL!  Oh, yeah, I'm feeling your pain!

BTW, cool signature line.  Maxwell was a genious.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 8:41:56 PM EDT
[#36]
That's worse than poop! [pissed]

It's a good thing the guy wasn't any smarter and he would have gotten away with it.

That is completely inexcusable.

This guy shouldn't get any of your money, but I'm sure you just want to get it over with.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 3:34:12 AM EDT
[#37]
NAME THAT DEALER!
I have a similar story, and if it is the same dealer, shame on them.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 4:24:56 AM EDT
[#38]
IM me the dealer name. (Just for my own personal knowledge....)
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 5:04:29 AM EDT
[#39]
I guess the question is - what dealer on this board is located in or near Atlanta?
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 5:19:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Shame on that dealer.  It sure sounds like he didn’t do this accidentally.  I’d get my money back and work with a reputable, ethical dealer.

BTW, you and DaveS should stop by the GA Hometown board sometime.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 5:31:43 AM EDT
[#41]
The problems getting the rifle are not an issue. If you want something right this minute, go to a store where they have the item and pay your money.

It sounds like you picked the wrong dealer; now you know. Find someone else after you get this deal straightened out. [b]You get a pat on the back for not throwing a hissy fit and posting the dealer's name in every forum. [/b]

The fact that the dealer didn't deliver what you ordered is a major concern. When you finally get this resolved ask the guy what he was thinking. He owes you an explanation as well as a rifle. And he owes you big time for acting like an adult.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 5:42:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Dealer sitting on couch watching TV drinking a beer yells to wife :
Hey honey do you have any of those left over lowers in the kitchen.

Wife of dealer in kitchen washing dishes:
Yes, I have two stripped lowers a RRA and a hesse. I have a upper left over from the garage sale , if you need it.

Dealer speaking to wife:
Great ! I can use the upper too. Can you have one of the kids build the lower right after school. I will pick it up on my way to my ethic's class at the local community college.

[;d]

[b]Please IM me the dealer so I dont get screwed. I will keep it private if you wish. [/b]

I think the dealer tried to screw you. Get your money back and then tell the site.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 7:07:34 AM EDT
[#43]
im gonna guess this dealer is located in Illinois. Please let me know by ar15 mail if it is. If so, i was promised by a dealer there that things would be made right, still waiting for it to be made right, been waiting 3 months now.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 7:28:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

JimH, you have every right to be ripping.  And the fact that this guy is a dealer on the board means zip-point-squatto.  In fact, the idea that doing business on AR15.com denotes some legitimacy is laughable.  Get yer money back.  The guy is a loser and should be outed.
View Quote

My thoughts exactly.  Just because some dealer is advertising here doesn't make him honest in the least bit.  

Forget about letting him get the order right--get your money back and let somebody else profit from the deal.  This scheister has had his chance now get your money back and move on.  Have you ever seen "Meet the Parents" (with Ben Stiller and Robert De Niro) where Stiller's character ("Gaylord Focker") spray paints the tail of a cat to make it pass as the cat he was resposible for losing?

Did I mention yet that you should get your money back? What's that? I've already said it twice?  Well let's make it a total of four times GET YOUR FRIGGIN' MONEY BACK POST-HASTE! [:(!]
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 7:38:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Ok, what I want to know is what warranted the "nasty" in the title, and the reference to "The Steak House Incident?" Did you get so mad you lost control of your bowels? Come on, spill the beans! [:D]
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 7:56:25 AM EDT
[#46]
This seems like out and out deception on the part of the dealer. I would get my money back and buy the rifle from another dealer. I would also seriously consider contacting Goatboy and tell him the specifics of this story. If true and accurately presented, this vendor doesn't belong on AR15.com. Period.

[red][b]I am locking this thread since it has been brought to my attention that the dealer has ordered the CORRECT rifle in an attempt to make things right. I hope that this will be resloved to JimH's satisfaction.[/b]

SP10, sorry for using your post but I didn't want to BTT tha thread!

FrankSquid[/red]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top