Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/28/2003 3:13:19 PM EDT
I was telling someone that I hate the AR carbine I had so I converted it.
Some guy says thats illegal and he should rat on me. I told him I fixing to convert this M1a in my hand also. Another guy asks me, another customer, which model? Navy Seals model, I reply. Mr A$$ ripper is confused now. Then he figures out that I converted my ar into a rifle.

Damn nosey people.
GG
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 4:58:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I would have turned you in too.  There's no telling what you would have done with such an illegally modified weapon... it wouldn't have been good, I know that much.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 6:08:15 PM EDT
[#2]
converted to what???? an AK???[bounce]

or how about a boat anchor? I heard the AR isn't as good for a boat anchor as other steel guns.  Really you should check with the Coast Guard before making these modifications.  You may be violating some type of waterways laws also!
[rofl2]
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 6:32:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I would have turned you in too.  There's no telling what you would have done with such an illegally modified weapon... it wouldn't have been good, I know that much.
View Quote

Oh my God!

You're him. The freaking moron.
GG
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 6:39:39 PM EDT
[#4]
You got peanut butter in my chocolate.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 7:27:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Gun Guru:
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh my God!

You're him. The freaking moron.
GG
View Quote
sarcasm.....?
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 11:26:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
converted to what???? an AK???[bounce]

or how about a boat anchor? I heard the AR isn't as good for a boat anchor as other steel guns.  Really you should check with the Coast Guard before making these modifications.  You may be violating some type of waterways laws also!
[rofl2]
View Quote

If you have a preban, you can attach your bayonet, and it will function a little better as an anchor...It may take a couple of casts for it to grab onto the seafloor tightly.
Any cobray's with 30rnd mags will do a better job than an AR as an anchor, given their T-shape...and thats about the only thing they're good for as well...
I don't think you'll disturb many waterway laws, unless you've got it loaded...the lead may be considered "dumping of hazardous materials".
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 5:49:42 AM EDT
[#7]
That's funny. Before I even cared about AR's, a friend convinced me that their "convertability" is one of the things that makes them so cool. He called it the "Harley-Davidson of rifles".
Speaking of the Coast Guard, what kind of small arms are they issued anyway? No disrespect to the Coasties, but I'll bet they are the very definition of under-gunned and under-paid.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:15:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I've seen pictures of Coast Guard ships with .50 cal machineguns and small cannons.  And I'd imagine they are decently armed as far as small arms due to always encountering pirates and drug runners.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:22:54 AM EDT
[#9]
[image]http://www.bragg.army.mil/reupxviiiabn/images/confused.jpg[/image]
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:23:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That's funny. Before I even cared about AR's, a friend convinced me that their "convertability" is one of the things that makes them so cool. He called it the "Harley-Davidson of rifles".
Speaking of the Coast Guard, what kind of small arms are they issued anyway? No disrespect to the Coasties, but I'll bet they are the very definition of under-gunned and under-paid.
View Quote

When it comes to small arms all they learn is the M9 (Beretta 9mm). Boarding crews probably get training with other stuff though.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 7:12:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Sometimes a thread comes along that.........I just don't get [?] [%|]
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 7:48:55 AM EDT
[#12]
I vote this thread off the island.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 8:50:37 AM EDT
[#13]
I was hoping someone would either translate it into English or explain it, one or the other.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 8:59:47 AM EDT
[#14]
nosy people suck!!!
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 9:32:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Now that he called the AR the "Harley_Davidson" of rifles, does that mean I can count on it to-

1. Vibrate parts off

2. Leak oil

3. Break-down every 100 or so miles or rounds

4. Cost 5 times what it is worth...oh wait, it does...

5. Be surounded by snobs and upstarts that thinks it the best thing since sliced bread...oops..again it has that...

Please don't compare the AR to a Hardly Ableson...that is a insult to Gene Stoner and AR's everywhere....

BTW-If you are converting firearms to something that is illegal, then you are a moron...if you do it and tell someone, then you are a double dog dare you moron...

If you are just doing what alot of us do and changing out the upper, optics, ect...then you are not a moron, but should do a better job of telling someone that might be a moron what you are doing...
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 11:20:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Crikey!!!

He converted to the Navy SeALS Model!!!!

No wonder people wee scared.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 11:22:22 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm still a little shaky about what constitutes an A$$ Ripper though...
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 12:11:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm still a little shaky about what constitutes an A$$ Ripper though...
View Quote

An Ass Rippen: is sort of like the ass rippen R Lee was doing in the movie FMJ, where he is degrading you while shoving his hand down your throat and grabbing you ball sack from within!
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 1:19:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Now that he called the AR the "Harley_Davidson" of rifles, does that mean I can count on it to-

1. Vibrate parts off

2. Leak oil

3. Break-down every 100 or so miles or rounds

4. Cost 5 times what it is worth...oh wait, it does...

5. Be surounded by snobs and upstarts that thinks it the best thing since sliced bread...oops..again it has that...

Please don't compare the AR to a Hardly Ableson...that is a insult to Gene Stoner and AR's everywhere....
View Quote

I would not compare the worst AR to a damn Harley.

Link Posted: 7/29/2003 1:47:03 PM EDT
[#20]
I think he means he "converted" his AR-15 carbine into a full-length rifle. Just my guess. [;)]
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 2:20:18 PM EDT
[#21]
I think I get it now!! [thinking]
I will attempt to translate.

Gun Guru was at a gunshop (or similar firearms oriented establishment) with is M1A. He was talking to someone about how he didn't like his old AR carbine and so he converted it to a 20" AR-15. Some MORON,eavesdropping, heard the word "converted" and assumed he meant converted his AR to full auto or something. So the Moron ripped is A$$. Then Gun Guru said he's fixing (planning to) convert the M1A that he is holding to a Navy Seals model (like just a different look, but I would assume the SEALS model is Full auto, so I'm still a little confused here). Anyway the A$$ ripper is confused and embarrassed because he now realizes that he wasn't converting is Carbine into a machine gun, but merely a rifle.

Damn nosey people.

There, the headache is subsiding. Did I decipher the story???
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 2:46:21 PM EDT
[#22]
I never thought about the fact that the Navy seals model would be FA. Anyway, Im "CONFIGURING" it to a semi version of the BHD model. Its way cooler looking. Good translation. I had just purchased the M1A.
GG
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 3:14:16 PM EDT
[#23]
In our endless battle with morons and media types (same thing except one gets paid for the the tripe they make up) we must modify our terminology.

The word "Converted" must be used with extreme care. The P/C word for this application would have been "Configured".

(You don't know how many FFL's had exercised extreme restraint in not reaching over the counter and Bitch slapping some moron.)
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 5:16:06 PM EDT
[#24]
In the context of eaisly changed to another configuration, the Ar is very HD like. At least the older HD's. As in gather up the parts and build your own the way you want it. If it's unreliable, blah, blah, then it's just a reflection of the owner.

Is heating up a frozen pizza cooking?
Would someone please kill this thread.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:53:00 PM EDT
[#25]
How would I know if someone rang my door bell if I wasn't home to hear it ring?
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 7:23:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
How would I know if someone rang my door bell if I wasn't home to hear it ring?
View Quote

The video camera that you have on the front walk way (or what ever door you use) will show that some one is at your door.

GG- that guy was just trying to make a new friend, and since he is your new friend you can bitch slap him if you want. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 7:44:16 PM EDT
[#27]
If you saw a red row boat walking down the road sideways with two flat tires how many pancakes would it take to cover a dog house?

Oh ya and keeping on topic the guy should mind his own business or whatever the hell we were talking about.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 8:49:37 PM EDT
[#28]
converted?  Like put the top down and took it for a spin at the beach?
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 8:58:35 PM EDT
[#29]
No, you got chocolate in my peanut butter.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 10:49:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If you saw a red row boat walking down the road sideways with two flat tires how many pancakes would it take to cover a dog house?

Oh ya and keeping on topic the guy should mind his own business or whatever the hell we were talking about.
View Quote

That is funny as $hit.
GG
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 5:57:20 AM EDT
[#31]
While you guys are worried about trival stuff, go here: http://www.takebackthemedia.com/onearmy.html
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top