Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2003 6:40:11 AM EDT
I saw a test target at the SHOT Show that's supposed to be shipped with the uppers, I think the group was about 1.5" at 50m.  Has anyone been testing the accuracy of these uppers with differnt brands of ammo?  My rimfire rifle accuracy expectation is 3/4" at 50yds, I would like an upper capable of same.  Thanks for any input.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 4:03:12 PM EDT
[#1]
CZ makes a .22Lr upper, who is carring these?
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 4:39:29 PM EDT
[#2]
V22 AR-15 complete 22LR dedicated upper. Includes 22LR barrel and bolt. Drop in easy installation. 16.5 inch bbl. Flat-top upper receiver with weaver rail on receiver and front sight block. New in box, made by CZ Strakonice. No FFL needed.
Item Number: 7-1238

[url]http://catalog.jgsales.com/itemdetail.php?itemnumber=7-1238[/url]

I got mine here.  It is a well put together piece.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 3:02:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I saw a test target at the SHOT Show that's supposed to be shipped with the uppers, I think the group was about 1.5" at 50m.
View Quote

That's terrible for a dedicated upper!  That's 3MOA and the drop in Ceiner kit is supposed to do about 4MOA.  If that's representative accuracy, I'm glad I went with something else...

You might want to look at [url]www.kuehlprecision.com[/url] or [url]http://www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com/page/page/8932.htm[/url] if you want better precision.  It will cost more.

I went with a Kuehl barrel and just shot a 1.5MOA group at 25yds during my initial sight in using Remington high velocity ammo.  I know that's not outstanding, but I consider myself to be a terrble shot.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 3:43:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey QCMGR, you didn't mention how yours performed.  Have you had a chance to wring it out yet?  Do they shoot better when broken in?  Everyone raves about how good factory CZ rifles shoot, especially the rimfires.  At the SHOT Show the rep mentioned the factory was changing the cocking handle from the side of the bolt to the rear like an AR, which does yours have?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 4:12:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hey QCMGR, you didn't mention how yours performed.  Have you had a chance to wring it out yet?  Do they shoot better when broken in?  Everyone raves about how good factory CZ rifles shoot, especially the rimfires.  At the SHOT Show the rep mentioned the factory was changing the cocking handle from the side of the bolt to the rear like an AR, which does yours have?  Thanks.
View Quote

It shoots real well.  It is a side cocker, (a feature I like).  I have not had a chance to wring it out but so far it is 100% reliable.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top