Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2003 4:21:36 PM EDT
What should I get first, I want to build it in pieces and spread out the cost.  Also for those of you who have multiple ar's which uppers do you use the most?  thanks

B
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 4:34:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've got some extra cash, and the black rifle bug
View Quote

The black rifle bug will soon solve that problem you have with the extra cash. $tart ki$$ing it goodbye!
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 4:35:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I am a Colt fanboy.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 4:37:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 4:58:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've got some extra cash, and the black rifle bug
View Quote

The black rifle bug will soon solve that problem you have with the extra cash. $tart ki$$ing it goodbye!
View Quote

Yeah Buddy!
Thats like saying you have a pocket full o' cash, and just found out about women.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 6:22:34 PM EDT
[#5]
"spread out the cost."  

Ya, that's the same thing I said when I ordered my lower.  I had the gun completed less than a month later.  Three months later I had a second upper.  And now, I'm thinking about the second lower.  Good luck with the disease.

In all seriousness, I agree with Aimless.  Start with a stripped lower and a parts kit.  Then, if you can wait, decide on a stock and add that.  By that point you can probably make a decision on the upper you want.  

One of the best suggestions I read here before building was, read as much as possible on this board for 1-2 months, then buy/build.
Good luck,
Scott
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 6:32:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I disagree. Head for the best gunshops, lookat, handle, and feel AR15's.

One of them will make your heart beat a little faster,so buy that one, then take it home, clean it, and go shoot the tar out of it.

Come home, clean it again, and polish it until it shines.

You'll have your first 'whole rifle', with a name, and a warranty. After you get the urge to have another one, then you'll maybe be ready for a parts kit, and a lower.

Link Posted: 7/27/2003 8:43:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Check out the posts here from members; some of them have put together some nice looking stuff.  But the lower IS a good place to start, since you really only have 2 choices...a regular lower, or a CAV ARMS.

My next build, I'm leaning towards the CAV ARMS...I have 3 Eagle lowers, and 1 RRA, they're both excellent companies, but I'm looking for something a little different at this point.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 3:28:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Start with two lowers so when you get them finished the second one will be finished too and you can start on the third one so you'll be ahead of the game! This way you can take your time with the fourth one and you'll have the others to scratch the itch till it's finished!
 [shock]  I think that's right!  [shock]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top