Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/26/2003 10:58:22 AM EDT
I know that everyone is wanting a heavy bullet so it will frag better in 14.5 barrels!

QUESTION If the Military makes this round will it stop makeing M193/M855?

And will the 20 Barrels shoot the heavy bullet as well??
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 11:02:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 11:07:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Ummmm.....  I think M193 already went away, at least in terms of new military procurement.  I think it is all M855 now.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 1:44:11 PM EDT
[#3]
No, there are still M16A1's and other 1 in 12" twist ARs in Air Force and National Guard units.

They are dwindling fast however. We will still make that ammo for MAP Countries like Columbia whos Galils are still 1 in 12" even after they are gone from our service. Probably Lake City will still make batches of M193 for the next decade.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 5:07:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Few, if any.

The Arizona Army National Guard is fully converted to M16a2s for years and is in the process of switching to M4s.  My issue weapon is a M4.

The Air Guard is equipped with factory 'A2s and M16A1s rebuilt to full 'A2 spec.  The only leftovers from the 'A1 era are "GAUs" (AF speak for the old shorty CARs).

I've  trained with and worked  with Guardsman from several states and active and Guard/reserve USAF Security Forces troops this year and I haven't seen or even heard about an A1 anywhere for quite awhile.

If they're still out there they are pretty far down the list.

Hell, the girls in the National Guard FINANCE unit have had 'A2s for years!

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top