Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2003 5:21:13 AM EDT
I am looking in to buying a Les Baer Super Varmint.Is it worth the money? Is there another precision ar to consider?
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 8:32:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Bushmaster  Varmiter or Colt Cr6724.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 11:44:02 AM EDT
[#2]
The most accurate AR I've ever personally seen was a Les Baer Varminter...guy shot about 20 1/4" to 1/3" groups at 100 yards...basically all one ragged hole.  Other rifles may be that accurate, but I've never seen one.  I see a lot of folks shooting ARs, and a lot of good sized groups, but this guy was just amazing.  Now, I would be mighty pissed if I had a $2000 rifle that DIDN'T shoot that good lol.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 11:52:46 AM EDT
[#3]
The rifle is a top end unit, which nothing is second rate or standard spec'd.

If you lack the talent to build up a rifle to the same spec, then buying one pre built may be for you.

The biggest problem that you will see on the boards is that most of us can build the same weapon that will shoot as good or better for a lot less money. Because of this, the rifle tends to get slammed a bit.

P.S. Where Les's real market is their pistols, due to an old FBI contract.  The 1911 SPR 45 pistols are a work of art, and will shoot 1 1/2" groups out of the box.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 12:42:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Oly gets a bad name from a few of the same posters over and over, but their SUM barreled weapons are outstanding, and the prices are very reasonable.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 2:11:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I already have a colt 6724 and I am pretty happy with it, the trigger could stand a little work. Any suggestions?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top