Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2003 6:43:06 AM EDT
and I could not wait for my Flat top riser so I bought some raised rings to get me by and do some shooting.  I sighted in and here is what I got.  Not too bad for having to replace the rings and with it sitting too low.  It was shooting my Bushmaster 16" barrel, FF tube, Bipod (no bag) Fake collapsable stock (could not get low enough with A2) and M193 55g FMJ Federal ammo.  Not too bad I guess.

I still want better though.  Once I get my FT riser from Legal Transfers (Great guy to work with) I will set out for perfection. (and once I get my reloading dies.)

Lets try this again
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 6:56:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Pictures didn't come thru....
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 7:07:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Not bad, but you need to run 10 shot strings to really see what the rifle is really doing, not just the 3 shots.  

Link Posted: 7/25/2003 7:18:47 AM EDT
[#3]
To post photos from imagestation you cannot use the URL of the expanded photo: use the unexpanded pic url which you get by right clicking and look at properties. This image is from imagestation.
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid70/pe404f502db62290e281aa66d48fda454/fba083e2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 7:31:12 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks.  Yeah I just liked how close those 3 were.  It was not the best I have done, just the first time I scanned a target.  I will see what I can get with some hand loads, my riser and a 10 shot string.  Then I will be happy.  I would put some targets that I have shot with my HK USP .45 Tactical.  Now that is one impressive shooting Handgun.  They just got through the same hole over and over.  The only way I can count the rounds is to remember how many Magazines I have shot.  I put 50 rounds through the X ring at 15 yds.  I only know cause I shot a full box of ammo.  What an accurate gnu that is.  

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 7:33:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Better Service Match Rifle shooters go for 3" groups at 600yds with open sights, keep practicing.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 7:47:35 AM EDT
[#6]
This is 100yds? Looks just about right for M193.

Wait til you shoot the reloads then you'll be impressed.

I have also been really impressed with the accuracy of the Win. 45gr JHP from Walmart.

Ditto on the USP TAC. I love mine too!
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 8:00:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Dave.... [>q]
[:d]
I'll keep at it.  [fart]
LOL

I was just kinda impressed since I just threw the rings on at the range to be able to shoot the thing.  Now if I had a longer range near me I would be there all the time.  I already have to drive 30-40 minutes to shoot so it makes for a long night.  I was un till 12:30 cleaning the kids after their afternoon at the "playground"
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top