Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 8:11:48 AM EDT
[#1]
5subsir5
 I am very pleased with the flat latch Brownells shipped me . It has a large gripping surface is about an inch longer than the standard latch and has a hook about a half a finger deep ,it fit like a glove a looks good,also has 3 holes in it why ?? I dont know but they enhance the appearance of it. It is real easy to manipulate and is alot safer than the Badger Ordnance tac-latch I had thought was the shit once upon a time , til it plowed my ribs one fine day . In my haste I failed to notice if there was a manufacturerer on the bag I will check and let you know. I also got a DPMS tactical bolt latch it is cool!  I'd check one out it allows the operator to, in the same position as if he were using the carry handle to reach thru the trigger guard and lock the bolt handle back without having to re-manuver the carbine . But the charging handle latch appears to be the most useful I've seen so far, the item appears on page# 118 of issue #55 Brownells catalog -fyi.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 8:19:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
5subsir5
 I am very pleased with the flat latch Brownells shipped me . It has a large gripping surface is about an inch longer than the standard latch and has a hook about a half a finger deep ,it fit like a glove a looks good,also has 3 holes in it why ?? I dont know but they enhance the appearance of it. It is real easy to manipulate and is alot safer than the Badger Ordnance tac-latch I had thought was the shit once upon a time , til it plowed my ribs one fine day . In my haste I failed to notice if there was a manufacturerer on the bag I will check and let you know. I also got a DPMS tactical bolt latch it is cool!  I'd check one out it allows the operator to, in the same position as if he were using the carry handle to reach thru the trigger guard and lock the bolt handle back without having to re-manuver the carbine . But the charging handle latch appears to be the most useful I've seen so far, the item appears on page# 118 of issue #55 Brownells catalog -fyi.
View Quote

H.DROP, you got a part number handy??  I've probably got that catalog but where it is..............

5sub
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 9:28:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I was looking in my Brownell's catalog for this item, too.  I think Hammerdrop meant page 18, not 118.
Nimbus
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 11:08:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Nimbus thanks for correcting me it is page 18 it is the latch that accompanies a military type latch and both have optional- complete with charging handle , I have just left myself a message to get that info 7-30-03 for you or if have the catalog it is page 18 but will supply part# for accuracy , sorry about the bad page#  ,its a verygood latch.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 1:53:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Brownells part numbers:

556-000-005 for the Military Latch.

556-000-004 for the "Flat" Latch.

Link Posted: 7/29/2003 2:37:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Is the PRI gas buster big latch the same as the PRI GB "Military" big latch?  
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 3:44:23 PM EDT
[#7]
[img]http://www.brownells.com/Images/Products/556000002.jpg[/img]

What Brownells refers to as the "Military Latch" is on top, the "Flat Latch" on the bottom.  Confused me for awhile too.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 4:52:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Lumpy, got the parts numbers and thanks guys.

(Think I'll still order a couple of the PRI's and see how they go.)
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 7:01:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah what they said , I am embarrassed I did not have all my facts in order - 5subsir5 this WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN. In my haste to supply some useful information to my bro's I lost sight of the target. It is a PRI BIG LATCH like lumpy illustrated with his post , same item . Good Luck with it...
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 7:28:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yeah what they said , I am embarrassed I did not have all my facts in order - 5subsir5 this WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN. In my haste to supply some useful information to my bro's I lost sight of the target. It is a PRI BIG LATCH like lumpy illustrated with his post , same item . Good Luck with it...
View Quote

No prob guy and thanks for the efforts !
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 8:19:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks Lumpy!  I hadnt seen the "flat latch" before, just the "mil." big latch from PRI.  Think I'll get one of the Mil. big latches[:)]
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 4:49:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Another southpaw. I love my badger ord. T/L.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 7:11:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Damn you guys, keeping up with the 'Joneses' is tough on this board!!! Had to see what all this is about...So I parted with the cash, ordered a PRI Military from Wes. Who knows, maby this thing IS the ticket.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top