Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/22/2003 5:52:28 PM EDT
What do you guys say when some one asks things like: Why do you need that? or What do you need that for. When they find out you have an AR15.  

I am asked this ever time some finds out I want to buy one when I turn 18 in october.

I was just wondering what other people on this board usally answer with.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 5:59:01 PM EDT
[#1]
"because I can" is a good answer.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 6:05:19 PM EDT
[#2]
All you have to say is "It's what I like to do, just like you have your sports car (Harley, golf clubs, computer, mt. bike, airplane, ATV, boat, airplane, etc. etc.) I have my rifles. The one difference is that while both provide entertainment, mine can be used as a homeland defense weapon... oh, and it's also handy in case an intruder breaks into my home and wants to kill and rape my family, and on top of that I can harvest meat to put on the table at a much smaller price than you can go buy it"

[:D]
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 6:11:58 PM EDT
[#3]
...because it's the most fun you can have with your pants on!  Would you like to come to the range with me and try it for yourself?
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 6:22:37 PM EDT
[#4]
The question is usually asked by someone who doesn't think we should have "assault rifles" so I say "Questioning me about this rifle is like questioning the 2nd Amendment and the 2nd isn't about hunting" They usually realize they don't know enough about the 2nd to make an argument so they go away thinking I'm whats wrong with the world today. Now go join the ARMY get Ranger school in your contract and kill bad guys, punk!

Glockdog

Airborne!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top