Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/21/2003 6:15:14 PM EDT
I decided to venture into my bolt & carrier some, and I pulled the retaining pin for the firing pin, and when I went to reinstall it, the damn thing gave me all sorts of troubles, the legs would spread out and not go into the other side when I would put it in. Is there a easier way to get it to go back in?
Thanks
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 7:14:37 PM EDT
[#1]
You dont want the legs to be 110% together, but you dont want them spread too far apart as well. One mm can be plenty of gap.

Some can just be a regular PITA sometimes....Murphy I guess....A nice small bag of extra parts is VERY handy, throw theold one in the bag, try another one.

Try twisting/turning as you insert...

YMMV....
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 7:21:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I insert mine so that the end of the pin is vertical and then I give the bottom leg a little nudge with the end of a wooden 6" Q-tip or a small allen wrench.  It works like a charm for me.  I just gave up in trying to insert it and twist!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top