Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/21/2003 4:30:13 AM EDT
Sorry guys for asking this question as I think it was answered a few days/weeks ago, but for the life of me I cannot find the thread. I am switching out my A2 stock with a fixed collapsible and am trying to find out exactly how this is accomplished. Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't I use the A2 length buffer with the fixed collapsible stock? I appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 5:06:28 AM EDT
[#1]
The Faux collapsable stock comes with its own buffer tube, (use that one)  You will take off the A2 by unscrewing the top screw on the Buttstock.  Once you remove that you will need to slowly slide the stock off of the buffer tube (making sure not to lose the spring.)  Then you will remove the buffer tube.  (BE SURE TO HOLD DOWN THE DENTENT AND SPRING )  They will shoot across the room EVERY TIME. (had it happen more than once)  Then you will screw the new tube\stock on making sure to hold the detent down and then line it up so that it just holds the detent down.  Then you want to push the stock plate up to the lower making sure to align the spring and push it in.  Then tighten the adjustmaent stock crew (big round screw on the stock tube) and that should cover it.  If I missed something guys let me know
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 6:21:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Get a CAR stock wrench for tightening down that buffer tube nut.....
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 5:16:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for all the help guys. Is it me or is it just a bitch to unscrew the buffer tube?
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 9:02:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine was a biatch the first time also. Buy the wrench it's worth it! Installed the GG&G single point plate last week and it was a breeze to deal with the 2nd time.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 2:15:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, it can sometimes be a real problem to unscrew your old buffer tube. Using "Liquid Wrench" or "Kroil" to break the aluminum to aluminum "weld" will often--though not always--make it easier to take off. Kroil is better but may be hard to find. Whatever you use, let it sit with the product on it for a couple of hours before you try to unscrew the tube.

The flats on the end of the tube are a standard size, so you don't really need a special wrench. I think it's a 5/8" but don't recall for sure. Be aware that the flats will quickly round off if you use too much power on it. I've also heard some say they had good luck using a strap wrench to do this, but they don't work for me.
Good luck. If this doesn't work, get back to us. The "troubleshooting" area has some good info too.

Link Posted: 7/22/2003 2:48:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Both Bushmaster stocks (A2 and Telestyled stock) use a2 buffers and springs.  If you are switching Bushmasters then you'll have no problems using either buffer/buffer spring.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top