Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/20/2003 1:20:46 PM EDT
I did a search on the issue and there does seem to be a consistent pattern here: after about 50 shots, the second stage fades away and you are left with a long smooth single stage trigger. That is not what I paid $100+ for, or want.

Is there any thing I can do to fix/repair this thing?
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 1:27:26 PM EDT
I found the same thing on all of them I've had and have sold. Alot of people actually like how the 2nd stage goes away leaving a really light single stage trigger pull. The only luck I've had is taking the lower apart and stretching the springs back to give more tension to the trigger. It's only a temporary fix as after 25-50 more rounds the 2nd stage goes away again. ArmaLite makes a really good 2-stage trigger which is fully machined from tool steel and I've never had a problem with any of them I've sold or the one I have in my SPR. Unfortunately, they cost between $150 to $175...or a $115 uplift when purchasing one of their rifles.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 1:35:20 PM EDT
I actually like it that way. But Im wierd.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 1:36:23 PM EDT
Thanks, I was afraid it was a steel quality thing. I'm distressed that the local gunsmith who sold it to me didn't warn me off of it, but I guess if someone asks for a thing, it's not his business to question it, or is it? I'm not much encouraged to deal with him again soon. Again, thanks for your candor.
Top Top