Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/18/2003 10:00:40 AM EDT
Has anyone tried the Amer. Spirit Arms flip up rear sight. It has four apertures?
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 11:23:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one which I use in combination with a Fulton Armory fold down front sight.  I use it as a back up for my Leupold VXIII scope.  It works just fine but does not have a locking detent.  However, it has a low profile when folded down so I can leave it on the rifle all of time as it fits behind the scope mount and that is why I selected this particular rear sight.  Let me know if you have any other questions about it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 11:42:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply. I take it that you are satisfied overall. Is the largest aperture close to a ghost ring? Any problems with glare from backlighting(do the apertures have any hood? What type of detent does it lack(detent for the aperture setting?)
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 12:28:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I am satisfied with the rear sight - it fit my purposes.  I originally wanted an A2 style detachable sight but I couldn't find one that would fit with the scope in place.  The aperture turns inside of its housing and probably acts like a hood to reduce any glare.  The locking detent I referred to was in regard to locking the sight in an up or down position -the Fulton front sight has this feature but the American Spirit Arms rear sight does not.  Some people like this feature and some don't (I suppose that potentially it is less likely to break without the detent as it would simply fold down if hit.)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top