Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/17/2003 10:28:32 PM EDT
I've been looking at EOtech HOLOgraphic Differaction sights, and  they say that they use "tomcat technology", and "locks onto your target faster than your eyes do" - WHAT? It locks onto your target for you?

Please someone rid me of my confusion.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 10:41:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Heads Up Display?

CHRIS
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 10:45:25 PM EDT
[#2]
For starters, “Hud” stands for “Heads  Up Display”.  It means that your instrument information is displayed on the inside of the cockpit front window so you don’t have to look down at the panel for the basics.

For the scope, as you look threw the EOtech, any off viewing angle will still keep the dot on the target , which allows you to move your head around on the stock without changing the Point of aim.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 11:08:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
For starters, “Hud” stands for “Heads  Up Display”.  It means that your instrument information is displayed on the inside of the cockpit front window so you don’t have to look down at the panel for the basics.
View Quote

How does this relate to the EOtech Sights?

For the scope, as you look threw the EOtech, any off viewing angle will still keep the dot on the target , which allows you to move your head around on the stock without changing the Point of aim.
View Quote

I don't know much about red-dot sights, but I thought all Red Dot scopes could do that...

Thank you
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 11:39:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Most of the red dot uses a reflective technology, they use a electo-diode to refelct a red dot on to the glass.  EOTech uses a l=aser projection, so the manufacture can create any reticle without loosing parallex unlike the reflective technology, they can only create a single red dot to maintain parallex free.  

EOTech used to own by ERIM, ERIM use to and still manufacture HUD gun sight for various military applications.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 12:46:25 AM EDT
[#5]
HUD = dud = Dept of Housing and Urban Developement - a POS Gov. project that sells junk property that banks have forclosed on when the banks start getting shaky themselves.

Yes I bought this ready to be condemed POS house from HUD for $500 down!
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 9:15:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
HUD = dud = Dept of Housing and Urban Developement - a POS Gov. project that sells junk property that banks have forclosed on when the banks start getting shaky themselves.

Yes I bought this ready to be condemed POS house from HUD for $500 down!
View Quote

Dude, that was really funny. (not being sarcastic)

Thanks everyone
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top