BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 11:37:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Sharpshooter33,

I can only help with one of your requests; I was able to get an M4 countured Wilson 1:8 SS M4 barrel that was teflon/moly coated black from Adco!!!

pino
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 11:42:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll say it again and again:

This is not difficult....

A rifle-length FF rail system for the AR10.
The market exists, and the product does not.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 11:48:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'll say it again and again:

This is not difficult....

A rifle-length FF rail system for the AR10.
The market exists, and the product does not.
View Quote

I'd settle for an M4 style AR-10!  Regular Front Sight,and Flat top.  Now a FF Hand Guard with rails would be nice.  (I here ARMS is making a SIR, so maybe I'll shell out the $300.00 +)

Also, How about a Chrome-lined, AR-15 Retro, with a Free-Floated barrel, and triangle Hand guards, and Light Weght!??  Oh that's right KKF is doing a .22LR for me like that!
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 2:58:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
A removeable carry handle with A1 sights.
View Quote

[url]http://www.roderuscustom.tzo.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=11;t=223[/url]
View Quote

Wow, thanks!  He is a home smither, though.  I would like to see a production version of it.  The guy could probably make some moeny if he wanted to take it to one of the manufacturers and get them to market it.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 3:13:46 PM EDT
[#5]
1.  .45 ACP AR-15 pistol that accepts M3 mags
2.  9mm AR-15 pistol that accepts Sten mags
3.  Belt-fed 12 gauge shotgun
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 3:57:44 PM EDT
[#6]
200 rnd drum for 22cal m16 kit
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 5:16:41 PM EDT
[#7]
A3 Carry handle sight with ARMS style QD throw levers instead of threaded knobs.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 5:46:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A laser ranging, autoadjusting, variable power red dot scope.  One that would adjust for bullet drop and automagically increase the magnification so my old eyes could see the target at 200+ yards.  Of course it would have to be solar powered in the daytime and operated by a solar rechargeable battery at night.
View Quote

And it could have a wind meter so the electronic reticle could adjust for wind drift
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 5:55:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I want to second a few things:
-a safe/single stage/twostage (or set) trigger for AR15 and AR10's.

-Rail System that FF's the barrel, has a solid uninterrpped top rail level w/ the A3 reciever rail, and that has somehow a removable bottom section for easy access to the barrel.  Like the FIRSH, but w/ the removable bottom panel somehow.  

-1X7 chome lined lightweight barrels made using the same steel that BM uses in different legnths, and some w/ mid length gas system.  Idealy a 16" LW chrome w/ midlegnth gas system, and maybe also an 18" as such.  

45 AR15 pistol w/ hicap mags and stuff.  May have to wait till sept '04

Oh yeah, the end of '68 and '86 laws, or at least the HK would manufacture in the US.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 6:09:55 PM EDT
[#10]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
A laser ranging, autoadjusting, variable power red dot scope. One that would adjust for bullet drop and automagically increase the magnification so my old eyes could see the target at 200+ yards. Of course it would have to be solar powered in the daytime and operated by a solar rechargeable battery at night.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And it could have a wind meter so the electronic reticle could adjust for wind drift

I reckon it would also be gen 4 nightvision w/ automatic muzzleflash adjusting. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 6:16:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
200 rnd drum for 22cal m16 kit
View Quote

WWWWHHHHHOOOOOOOAAAAA!!!!! that would be SWEET!
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 6:27:46 PM EDT
[#12]
A reasonably priced, well made American replica of the HK93.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 6:31:36 PM EDT
[#13]
DR, I think this is for Ar15's and AR15 stuff.  

Quarterbore, what makes a 2 stage trigger better than a set trigger, like the one you can get with the three position safety?  I hear that this set works good, is real light.  What is so good about a 2 stage trigger?
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 6:56:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quarterbore, what makes a 2 stage trigger better than a set trigger, like the one you can get with the three position safety?  I hear that this set works good, is real light.  What is so good about a 2 stage trigger?
View Quote

A set trigger gives a semiauto a very light crisp trigger pull for a shot.  I am not sure how the GG&G trigger works but I recall that the selector needs to be placed into the fire position and then back to the set position.  

The problem with a semiautomatic with a very light, crisp trigger is that you run a very real risk of an accidential discharge or potential double fire.

The two stage trigger is a much safer design as you have a longer trigger pull in which you take up most of the weight during the first stage.  Just before the weapon fires, the trigger will hit a second weight that is a little heavier (usually 1-pound) that the shooter can feel.  This second stage comes with a very crisp sear release.  Once you master a good 2-stage trigger you will wish all guns have it as I like my KAC or Jewell 2-stage triggers better then my very crisp 2.5# trigger in my Remington 700 Varmint rifle!

Now, the reason I think a trigger with both a single and 2-stage trigger would be great is a 2-stage trigger is the ultimate for paper punching accuracy BUT a single stage trigger is a much better design for rapid fire combat type shooting!

There is plenty of room in the lower and I have tried to come up with a system myself but unless I steal a design from someone else I fail to see how I can do it myself.  I am still trying to work on the system in my spare time as I would give a working prototype to a company in exchange of a couple working models!
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 7:44:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wish Bushmaster would make the following barrels in 1/7 twist:

20" gov't profile
16" M4 or gov't profile
and
14.5" M4 (I know they make them but they are very hard to get)
View Quote

You may also want to know that Bushmaster makes the 20" gov't profile barrels with a 1-7" twist.  I called two-three weeks ago and they had them in stock.

The Azalin
View Quote

Thanks Azalin, I'll call them on Monday!
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 7:54:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
A laser ranging, autoadjusting, variable power red dot scope. One that would adjust for bullet drop and automagically increase the magnification so my old eyes could see the target at 200+ yards. Of course it would have to be solar powered in the daytime and operated by a solar rechargeable battery at night.

I reckon it would also be gen 4 nightvision w/ automatic muzzleflash adjusting. [:D]
View Quote

Don't forget thermal and motion sensors so it can Highlight potential targets too.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 8:06:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

_DR, I'm certain you would also desire to have a  reasonably priced, well made American replica of the HK93 'claw mount' also seeing as how you so admire the modern, modular design of the HK93.  (Without the claw mount how could one immediately deface their receiver thus immediately lowering the value of the already reasonably priced gun ??
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 8:10:18 PM EDT
[#18]
.17 HMR upper

ACOGS that illuminate GREEN at night, like IOR

20" preban pencil barrel, chrome lined, 1/9 (or at least 1/7)

Storage compartments for VLTOR or MSS that are a just a little bigger than that wimpy tube.  

Translucent (and connectable) AR magazines like the AUG or G36 use.

A large SureFire that uses Xenon-HID technology (like BMW headlights) for very long range identification of targets, i.e. deep in the mountains.  Maybe not for weapon mounting, but at least something truly portable.

An AR15 bayonet with a serrated blade by Spyderco.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 8:11:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Pino, didn't c it on there website. Was it special order?
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 8:14:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I would like a lower with an ambidextrous mag release and selector switch factory installed. I think all of the M16 family of weapons should have been made completly ambidextrous.  Especially ones for the military. I firmly believe all standerd issue military rifles should be compleatly ambidextrous. It should be reqierment just like chrome lined bores and so on are.

Incase you couldn't all ready tell I shoot lefty. [:)]

*edited for so on instead of so one
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 8:44:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

And a wider selection of 1/7 chrome lined barrels.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 8:54:48 PM EDT
[#22]
if i can't find it, i usually make it. a few things are out of my league. for now.

how 'bout a low profile ARMS throw-lever base for the eotech? based on the 19-s. it could put the iron sights nearer the bottom of the window. two lengths: one for the 511/551, one for the 512/552.

while were at it, a shotgun barrel base for the dr optic; or better yet, someone to produce bases based on my tao1 rdbus idea for both the j-point (optima) and the dr optic.

ditto on the peq-2 with the 'on' indicator.

how about an sr-25/ar-10 parts market like the ar-15's? (dream)
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 9:57:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
how 'bout a low profile ARMS throw-lever base for the eotech? based on the 19-s. it could put the iron sights nearer the bottom of the window. two lengths: one for the 511/551, one for the 512/552.
View Quote

That would be great.  That is what I have been wanting for awhile now.  I think it would be even better if the EOTech's would have an integral throw lever.  That would probably be better to keep it as low profile as possible.  Either way, it would be sweet.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 11:41:44 AM EDT
[#24]
I got another one.

A bullpup auto loading shotgun based on the Ithaca 37. Bottom feed and bottom eject. Integrated light and mount for optics. Integrated locking lug for a car rack. Vang Comp barrel. Pump assist like the Benelli M3 and vertical front and rear pistol grips like the old Mossberg 500 bullpup.

If I had a clue how to take something from a concept to production I could make millions!!
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 12:15:25 PM EDT
[#25]
I just do not see why Laser Devices has not made their OTAL IR with a simple little LED that would make it "civilian legal". We all know that there is a HUGE MARKET for them. Look at what a PAQ-4C is going for.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 12:37:50 PM EDT
[#26]
It would be nice if the price of AR15 accessories wasent a joke.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 12:45:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It would be nice if the price of AR15 accessories wasent a joke.
View Quote

They aren't a joke, do you see any consumers laughing? [:D]

-Lee
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 3:54:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
A removeable carry handle with A1 sights.
View Quote

Quoted for emphasis! Why doesn't anyone(Bushmaster, RRA, I'm looking at you) make this already?
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 5:08:47 PM EDT
[#29]
I didn't have time to read all 4 pages of replies but I personally would like to see a Vltor stock made in coyote brown.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 8:05:04 PM EDT
[#30]
I would like to see domestic manufacture of the STEYR AUG, SIG/SAUR 550, and a REAL TAVOR.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 6:29:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Politicians who didn't formerly work at the Mustang Ranch.  Who have the guts understanding and foresight of out fuouding fathers and the courage to read and enforce the Second Amendment.

Kind of like what they swore they would do when they took their oaths of office.  A couple of us took those words real seriously - some of us died for them.

A society who holds PEOPLE accountable for their individual actions (it used to be that way once).

Citizens with common sense, and maybe courage to stand up for their rights.  Think civil disobedience doesn't work?  Take a look at civil rights.

Then think of how that got perverted into prosecuting cops cleared of criminal charges in venues of appropriate jurisdiction (i.e. the long forgotten cops that went to the Federal Penn over the Rodney King fiasco - who, not incidentally, just got arrested again recently for something).

Ever wonder why Bernie (what's hi fuck - the former NYPD Commissioner) is heading up the formation of the new police force in Iraq (this I got to see)?  Could it be like Clinton appointing NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly as Commissioner of the U.S. Customs Service, and Tom Constantine (NYSP Commissioner) Administrator of DEA.  Then Hilari runs for Senate in NYS and NYC elects her?

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!  Cooincindences!  
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 7:16:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Just a few:

New made 1:12 twist barrels.
A A1 upper that IS a A1 upper not a A1 with a brass deflector.
a reliable gas/op rod system for the AR.
A1 stock set that is OD green

Tropic
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 8:45:54 AM EDT
[#33]
How about COLT start making an AR with the right size everything,chrome barrels and no plastic buffer and Ill buy one.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 9:07:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Remington Model 7 Youth in .308 Winchester.
Cheaper, lighter, shorter than the other model sevens are but not currently available in .308
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 11:50:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Wow 4 pages and I`m the first to ask for a decent, reliable H&K94 clone (not speshul weepons). And have Springfield make a M-14E2 clone. Two versions of it, classic style and modernized.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 12:02:21 PM EDT
[#36]
1) A civilian-legal 5.56mm & 6.8mm R2.
2) Readily available, high-quality "Tanker" Garands.
3) Beretta Model 70 (without the stupid GCA-mandated grips and sights).
4) An alternative to Spriringfield Armory for high quality M-14/M-1As.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 12:28:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

4) An alternative to Spriringfield Armory for high quality M-14/M-1As.  
View Quote

Fulton Armory seems to have a good rep. I think when I get the black rifles out of my system, or at least held at bay, I may give them a try.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 12:44:45 PM EDT
[#38]
A high quality commercially available IR Laser
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 1:16:56 PM EDT
[#39]
A piston driven AR-15/M-16 upper that requires no modification to the lower receiver.
I know,its called the Shrike [:)]
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 1:53:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
A piston driven AR-15/M-16 upper that requires no modification to the lower receiver.
I know,its called the Shrike [:)]
View Quote

But they don't sell it, so it qualifies.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 2:25:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Black Hills should make some 5.56 Nato pressure 69 grain SMKs with a cannalure and crimped/sealed primers.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 3:16:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Wow 4 pages and I`m the first to ask for a decent, reliable H&K94 clone (not speshul weepons). And have Springfield make a M-14E2 clone. Two versions of it, classic style and modernized.
View Quote

YEAH BABY!!![:D]
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 6:06:41 PM EDT
[#43]
I want my AR to hit any target I choose, from the hip like they do in the movies. Or is that just the result of special ammo.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 6:47:31 PM EDT
[#44]
[size=6]A freak'in complete (lower AND upper) .45 AR that uses Grease Gun or Thompson mag's that uses the freak'in standard mag release!!!![/size=6]
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 6:47:32 PM EDT
[#45]
1, M1 Garand that takes detachable BAR 20rd mags.
2, Due to the AWB, Rifles and handguns built around surplus mags w/ out modifications.  30rd madsen in 3006, madsen 9mm mags in a pistol, Grease gun mags for a pistol and carbine ETC, you get the picture.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 7:02:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Any body every shot an semi-auto M14 with an E2 stock?  They are pretty fun, but the forward handgrip is a bit of a reach for me.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 7:12:07 PM EDT
[#47]
5.45x39 reloading components.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 8:47:20 PM EDT
[#48]
totally ambidexterous ar15's.

Standard rifles w/ the solid, not the sringloaded ejector

carbines and pistols w/ pigtail gastubes installed

more selections is 1X7 chormebore barrels and whole rifles

more and cheaper ammo of the 75gn TAP and so forth type to use instead of XM193

an AR pistol in 45acp w/ hicap mags.  

quality standard spec carbon fiber recievers.

a highquality affordable chromed bolt that will not break or flake, and has grooves or something w/ which it can sweep itself clean.

colt to stop being a bunch of non-standard, government ass kissing, rude to the civilian market people

people to stop using this thread to ask for non-AR related items.

Link Posted: 7/20/2003 9:50:00 PM EDT
[#49]
[b]people to stop using this thread to ask for non-AR related items.[/b]

...and a red russian style, u.s. made ak pistol grip... [nana]

Link Posted: 7/21/2003 8:19:25 PM EDT
[#50]
I like the SIR concept, but am reluctant to buy one because it mounts the Acogs too high for proper cheak weld. How about Trijicon remake the lower part of their Acog scopes to adapt to the Sir rail.
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top