Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/17/2003 5:37:06 AM EDT
I saw this product in a website and i was wondering what is it used for and does it give any advantages or disadvantages for my AR?

Like can i use it juss for the finish of my AR to make it look new?

Thnx
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 6:09:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/17/2003 6:10:15 AM EDT by 800Mtrs]
I have never heard of it. Where did you see it? share with us so we can check it out too. edited because I think faster than I type
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 6:37:51 AM EDT
I have been using a Tuff cloth for a few months now and it seems to work exactly as advertised. I have not field-tested it since I have been in a training environment for the last several months. However I used it on several knives and very old and worn blued guns that are all very prone to rusting. I wiped them down and put them in there cases three months ago and all are still perfect. I am currently in an extremely humid beach location with very erratic temperature swings (lots of condensation and salt air). The web site is www.sentrysolutions.com I know every one claims the SEALS use their product but I have been told by others in the "business" that they do regularly use these products. The Marine Tuff Cloth in particular is good for heavy salt-water exposure. Several of the big saltwater fishermen in the area use it to maintain their equipment. I think I read a discussion about it on Tacticalforums.com several months ago. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 7:05:40 AM EDT
I have used Tuf-Cloth on knives and other metal items that need to be kept "dry" for a number of years and it has worked well for me. No rust or fingerprints. A tip- Brownells sells the Tuf-Glide liquid for $17.95 ($11.95 C&R) for an 8oz bottle. This will "recharge" your Tuf-Cloth many, many times or allow you to make your own by saturating a soft cotton cloth and storing it in an airtight container between uses. [url]www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=12801[/url]
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 7:17:15 AM EDT
This stuff is great. applies a dry film coating on the gun that makes it look good and protects it also. smells better than some of the other CLP's. I know of a a pistol that was left exposed to the rain for almost 2 days and did not have any rust on the parts that typically do rust. Ruff
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 8:25:14 AM EDT
I tried this out and found it to be very effective at corrosion resistance; but no so good at lubrication. I use it the same way I use a silicon cloth.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 8:03:19 PM EDT
Thnx for the explanations guys! ill use it to clean the outside of my guns an leave clp for the inside. THNX
Top Top