Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/17/2003 5:13:57 AM EDT
AS if I had to worry about it. Hey I would Like to thank every one on this board for there in put on helping me make the right choice. With that said my new RRA Var. That I waited 12 weeks for was able to costently shot 1/2 5shot groups at 100yrds with fed. gold match 69gr. But I was disapointed with Black Hills 75gr only able to get 1.25 groups @ 100yrds. Also would like to get my trigger lighter any thing I can do? And if any one else out there has RRA Var. what ammo are you using to get the best results?
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 7:59:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/17/2003 8:02:41 AM EDT by stinkeypete]
I've just got the 24" barrel. I'm not having luck with Q3131a or Black Hills 55 grain. Ok 2 MOA stuff. I just got a 3/4" group (5 shots) with 26.5 grains Varget, 52 grain Sierra Match Kings, Rem 71/2 primer, winchester brass. 2.200" OAL From 25 to 27 grains, everything (above) was grouping about as good as I could hold from a crappy plastic block rest with handtowels. I've got to get a better rest! And I've got to try some more stuff, like OAL.. then move up to longer bullets and see what's up. Then move to a longer range! Thanks for checking in with a good factory load... I'll check it out! Pete
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 9:07:48 AM EDT
I hardly ever use factory ammo with mine. Right now, I am having good luck with hornadys 75bthp's over 23.8 grains of RL-15 or 24 grains of Varget. Those give me conistent 3/4" groups shooting prone and can get down to sub .5 moa at the bench. I get the same results with 77 SMK's too. I need some sand-bags just like pete though, I'm just using a bipod and a rag to support the rear end of my rifle. I wouldn't now how to get the trigger lighter, but I'm sure someone else will come up with an answer to that here. Congratulations on a wonderful rifle!
Top Top